Sunday, February 12, 2017

Slow Sunday Stitching

This week, I finally got around to quilting the I Spy quilt that Christine and I put together for a Syrian refugee child who should be arriving in Canada shortly with his family.  I pin basted it on my kitchen floor.

We both have lots of I Spy fabrics in our stashes! 


I quilted it with a wavy line cross hatch with green thread.



I only had one oops in the quilting process when the edge of the backing got caught up in the quilting.


This was easily fixed.  Christine will be doing the binding on this quilt. 

I have decided to make two EPP plus signs each week ...it will take a while to get enough to make something, but slow and steady wins the race!  Here are last week's plus signs.


I love the bicycle fabric!  I have some more fabrics picked out for today's slow stitching.  

I brought home a comfort quilt from the London Friendship Quilter's guild meeting this week ...it just needs the binding added.  I like to do binding in the car or when I am watching tv.  I will post a picture when the binding is done.  

I will be linking up to Kathy's blog with the other Slow Stitchers. 

Happy stitching!  

10 comments:

  1. that quilt is perfect for a child I'm he/she will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an adorable quilt! This child will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful quilt for a child and of course I'm still in love with the plus signs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love the bike fabric! Your I spy quilt is gorgeous and such a lovely welcome gift. It will also be a great English teaching aid! Ps I've made many oops moments with backing fabric 😬

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the I Spy quilt... I'm sure it will be greatly loved and appreciated!
    Enjoy your hand stitching today... slow and steady does win the race!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bicycle fabric is adorable. As to the I SPY quilt, that child is going to love it! And God Bless Canada who doesn't have a lunatic in charge trying to keep these people out. I know that we need to be careful, and we need vetting etc. but what's been going on here in regards to refugee families breaks my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done I Spy quilt with squares and sashing strips. In my humble opinion, I think it is easier for the little ones to focus vs the smaller hexies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful welcoming gift for a child.

    ReplyDelete