Saturday, May 27, 2017

Reviving a UFO

I used to do a lot of counted cross stitch pictures.  Then, I got more interested in quilting and the cross stitch went by the wayside.  You may remember "Frank", the CCS picture I did in 2015 for slow Sunday Stitching.  This year, while looking for something in my sewing room, I came across a snowman picture that was started many years ago--the pattern is from 1997, but never finished. I decided to try to finish this picture.  I had to find a hoop and a CCS needle as well as getting the pattern enlarged because my eyes are not quite as good as they used to be...

Here is how the picture looked last week...


 And here is what I got done today while sitting outside in my gazebo:


Snowman number three is starting to take on a bit of shape.

Last weekend, we went to visit my MIL so I did some EPP in the car on the way there and home again.  The plus sign fabric is a recent addition to my stash and is perfect for my EPP plus sign project!


Here are all three plus signs made in the car:


I have 27 plus signs made now.  I'm thinking of adding some grey and yellow plus signs as well.  I'm still not sure exactly what I am making with all of these yet.  So far, I am just having fun with the EPP!

My husband and I took a cooking class this week.  We have done this a few times before and come home with new recipes, handy tips and ideas as well as full stomachs.  Here are some pictures of some of the dishes we had to eat.




The class was themed on vegetables you might grow in your garden...tomatoes, zucchini, potatoes, fresh herbs, arugala, eggplant, green beans, etc.  I can't wait to try out some of the recipes the next time we have friends or family over for supper!

I will be linking up to Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching.

4 comments:

  1. Yum, what time is dinner? I stopped cross stitching for the same reason, I don't think I'll ever finish the cornucopia I started years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to seeing that snowman emerge. Your plus signs are great. Unfortunately, veggies don't go over well in my house, but the dishes look pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I have some unfinished cross stitch at the back of my UFO closets!
    Love the plus sign fabric for the plus sign blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    I gave up Cross Stitch for the same reason. Thankfully I didn't have anything waiting to be stitched. Your plus signs are really cute. All the food looks really yummy. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete