Saturday, September 9, 2017

Snow in September

Even though I have not done a Slow Sunday Stitching post for a couple of weeks, I have been working on my counted cross stitch snowmen picture when we are travelling in the car.  This works well when the sun is shining and I have lots of light to see what I am doing, but part of our drive last weekend was though a rain storm so the stitching got put back into the bag.  This picture was taken just before it started to rain.



The last time I posted about my CCS project, it looked like this:


I added a second bird...


And more snow...


Now, my picture looks like this:


It just might get done before the snow flies.


BTW, I bought some Thread Heaven and since I started using it, I am getting a lot less tangled threads.  Thanks to whoever it was that suggested that!


9 comments:

  1. Phew--I thought for a moment you had already had SNOW!! LOL Your cross stitch piece is looking lovely...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous and dramatic picture of the stormy sky! Love those rays of sun through the clouds! You're making great progress on your snowmen, looking lovely! Take care, and enjoy your Sunday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful progress on your cross stitch project! I'm afraid I'm not ready for winter yet though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun project. Hope it is done in time to display when the real snow comes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so hard to stay interested in sewing white on white. I think these snowmen are so cute and am enjoying seeing your progress. The only thing I've been able to sew on trips is hexies. I'm taking a different hand piecing project for our upcoming trip to the Kentucky. I hope it doesn't make give me motion sickness because I would like to get a bunch done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice progress on the snow scene and that sky shot is just gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you scared me! Phew, so glad it is not real snow this early!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love the blue mittens on that snowman! Here's to sunny snowy days!

    ReplyDelete