Saturday, March 17, 2018

Back to EPP


Since I finished my counted cross stitch picture last week, I needed to find another hand stitching project to work on.  I found my EPP plus signs and decided to make some more.  I recently bought some more fabrics that would be good for this project, so I cut some of them up so I would be ready to do some hand stitching tomorrow.


When my daughter was younger, I taught her how to do counted cross stitch.  She did a couple of small projects and then seemed to lose interest.   A few weeks ago, much to my surprise, she purchased three patterns on Etsy to make pictures to hang on the wall in her apartment.  The first one is a city scape of Detroit, Michigan. The first picture she sent to me did not look like much...


As she added more colours, the buildings started to take shape. 


Do any of you recognize any of the buildings/structures?


This is the latest picture that I have, taken while we were FaceTiming one evening.  She has done more stitching since I took this picture, but I have not seen it again since then.  The other two patterns are for London, England and New York City, all places that she has been before.  I love the patterns she has chosen. 

I am going to a quilt retreat in early April and the organizers set up a lanyard swap amongst the participants.  Here is the lanyard I made for my swap partner:


We will use them for our name tags at the retreat.  Here is the lanyard that I received in the mail this week:


I'm already making a list in my head of the projects that I would like to work on at the retreat...

I will be linking up with Kathy in the morning.  Go and take a look at what everyone is working on.  The link is in my sidebar.

12 comments:

  1. nice when our daughters take interest in stitching isn't it - mine does the same type of stitching as your daughter, I had hoped to interest her in quilting and while she loves quilts she doesn't love quilting.
    Love your cross project

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your daughters x stitch! It's funny but I've been looking at buying my daughter the Shanghai skyline to take out to her when we visit at the end of the month! Great EPP project too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her cross stitch project is lovely! Enjoy your EPP stitching :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad your back to the EPP, I love the dotty, swirly stripe one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like those fabrics for the plus signs. Your daughter's cross-stitch is looking good. She is working on it quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. EPP is so wonderful to work on. I love it too that your daughter has found such a wonderful hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun that your daughter is doing some hand stitching! Maybe she'll start a blog soon :) Retreat planning is stressful for me since all my projects want to come! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. When is that retreat? I need to get a door prize ready for it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How nice your daughter has taken up cross stitch again, love the pattern she is working. Both the lanyard you made and the one you received are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lanyard swap is a great idea! You EPP is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your fabric choice for your EPP. I admire your daughters cross-stitch too - I don't have the patience for it

    ReplyDelete
  12. The EPP pieces sure look small. I have yet to try EPP. I agree with the others on how nice your dtr’s stitches are. I recognize the Ally Center Bldg and the Ambassador Bridge.

    ReplyDelete