Saturday, April 28, 2018

A New CCS Project!

When I finished my snowman counted cross stitch picture a few weeks ago, I decided that I would like to do another CCS project...I just needed to find the right pattern.   Earlier this week, I did a Google search for Frank Lloyd Wright CCS patterns and found several at Heartland House Designs.     I narrowed my choices down to three stained glass window projects--The Office Window at Oak Park (I have actually been on a tour of Frank Lloyd Wright's house in Chicago and have seen the actual window!), Fountain Art Glass from the Susan Lawrence Dana House in Springfield, Illinois (I saw this house from the outside but it was not open for tours the day we were there.) and the Waterlilies Art Glass.


I will be doing the Fountain Art Glass picture first.  I went searching for my thread collection and checked to see if I had the colours I needed for the three patterns.  You would think that with a collection this size, I would have all the colours...but no.


I made a list of the floss colours that I needed to purchase...I had to check at three stores before I found a place that sold DMC floss.  I purchased all of the DMC colours I was missing:


I will put them onto the cardboard thread holders tomorrow and get started with my stitching.


Above are the colours that were already in my collection.

I'm excited to start a new project.  I find that CCS helps me to relax and slow down.  My life has been very hectic over the past several months and I really need some "me" time.

My daughter has finished her Detroit picture and has started her next city scape.


Next up...London, England!


My garden is getting more blooms everyday.  Lots of Daffodils this week:


The white and yellow ones are very tiny.


I will be linking up with Kathy and the other slow Sunday stitchers in the morning.

11 comments:

  1. Always so exciting to start a new project, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing that one can have so many floss colors and still be missing what is needed. I recently had to buy over 30 skeins for my next big project and I have two boxes of those little spools of floss. I really like those Frank Lloyd Wright patterns. My son was always fascinated with his architecture. I may have to purchase at least one to make for him. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hand work of any kind relaxes me. Enjoy your new project, that's always fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A new project is always exciting and I really like the Frank Lloyd Wright patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. back years ago when I did a lot of embroidery I used to keep my case of threads like that on the cardboard pieces, I since passed it on to my daughter - it helps keep it all neat for sure

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scrummy colours. I like the look of your new projects. I'm off to google frank Lloyd wright!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Frank Lloyd Wright designs and the colors are beautiful. A new project is always exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Frank Lloyd Wright patterns, I'm a long time admirer of his works. I always seem to need several skeins of floss whenever I start a new project. Your daffodils are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a good thing that you find CSS relaxing. It's fun to buy new skeins of floss. Your daughter did a neat and tidy job on Detroit. I recognize many buildings. You most likely already know that there are some FLW houses in Michigan.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your daughter has been on a ROLL ! :) Lovely work and it'll be fun to see your progress on your new project. Saw your comment on my blog / we've had our share of sadness this month. So sorry for your loss :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Frank Lloyd Wright, so will be keen to see your new project evolve. I like your daughter's piece a lot too.

    ReplyDelete