Sunday, May 27, 2018

Slow Stitching in the Car




One of my favourite spots for stitching is in the passenger seat of the car as my husband drives us to our destination.  In my last post, I talked about how we visited my daughter last weekend.  It is a bit of a drive to get to where she lives, so I got lots of stitching done in the car last weekend.  Here is my picture from last week's post for comparison purposes...


Frank Lloyd Wright's Fountain Glass window is beginning to look a little more like a stained glass window with each stitch.

My husband and I were out for a drive in the country when the sun was setting on Friday night and we stopped so I could take some pictures.


The place where we stopped had some flowers in bloom... Lily of the Valley...


Lilacs...


and Chestnut tree blossoms.



My daughter sent me this picture earlier this week...she has finished the London, England cityscape!  I love the double decker bus,  the London Taxi as well as all those interesting buildings!


She will be working on her third cityscape soon---New York City.  

I will be joining the other Slow Stitchers at Kathy's blog today.  Take a look at what everyone is making!

8 comments:

  1. Great sunset picture! I'm enjoying watching the progress on FLW, I'm not one who can stitch while riding so drives are not very productive for me. Your daughters piece is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know chestnut trees bloomed like that. GORGEOUS! Wow, you got a lot of stitching done in the car! Fun that your daughter enjoys your hobby too. Our son will be learning to sew on a button this week. :) Have a fun week. Enjoy your project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't cross-stitch in the car. I prefer crocheting, knitting or plastic canvas then. I love your stained glass window and your daughter's London piece. That sunset is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are making great progress on the cross stitch! Your daughter is going to have to start a blog and join the link ups since she has become such an avid stitcher!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never seen Chestnut tree blooms...they are stunning! Your window stitching is coming out so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I TOO have never seen Chestnut tree blooms so that was quite interesting!

    Your stitching is coming along nicely and oh my your talented daughter is on a roll!

    She must get it from your husband? LOL just kidding :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to do stitching in the car while Mike's driving as he likes to do most of it but now I can't seem to stitch - the roads to rough or something - too much bumping - now I look at the scenery

    ReplyDelete
  8. The London cityscape is next on my list after I finish Shanghai. Then i'll need to try to find a Dusseldorf one and my set will be complete! They are so satisfying to do, and seeing your daughters one of London has made me really look forward to doing my own!

    ReplyDelete