Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Modern Quilt Guild Swap

Several months ago, I signed up to participate in a swap at the London Modern Quilt Guild.  Our swap partners were from the Ancaster Modern Quilt Guild and we were given some information about our swap partners and their preferences.  The quilts were to be no bigger than 24" X 24". We handed our quilts in at the July meeting and they were to be distributed at the August meeting when the Ancaster Guild members would be visiting.

You may remember the quilt that I made--my husband thought it was a hat...


I was not able to be at the August meeting as I was away on vacation so Christine brought my quilt to me a couple of weeks after I got back.


My swap partner's name is Nicole and she wrote me this lovely note that came with my quilt:


I had mentioned that I liked liberated quilts, such as those made by Gwen Marston.  I love my liberated log cabin quilt, Nicole!  The colours are wonderful and the quilting is divine!  Thanks so much for swapping with me.   Christine told me that Nicole knew that the quilt I made for her was not a hat!

(I'm not sure what Kristin and Nicole were looking at while this picture was taken!)

If I get another chance to participate in a swap, I think I will jump in with both feet!

3 comments:

  1. I've done several mini quilt swaps and they are great fun. Your quilt is lovely as is the one you received. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both quilts are so fun! The double quilting lines add so much interest! I would say both recipients are pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous idea for a swap! My guild has done some among our own members, but swapping with another guild is brilliant. Both the mini you made and the mini you received are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete