Saturday, August 15, 2020

Appliqué Done, Next up...Quilting!

 I worked away at the appliqué on my Weight of Love quilt most days this week.  This involved lots of thread colour changes, but it is now done!  Last week, someone asked about the name of the quilt--this is a Libs Elliott pattern and she calls it Weight of Love.  I took a class with Libs last summer and started it at the class.  


I will be quilting this one on my DSM with turquoise thread.  I hope to do that and the binding this week. This was the last bit of appliqué:


I finished another dish cloth this week and started a face cloth..the yarn calls this colour "avocado". As you can see, I did some knitting in the car today. 

Here is the finished dish cloth...also green. 

After years of seeing others participate in the weekly Rainbow Scrap challenge, I have decided to jump in and make a scrappy quilt...goodness knows I have enough scraps to make several quilts. The August colour is purple. I do not have a lot of purple fabric in my stash and had to cut into a few fat quarters that have been purchased for a particular quilt in order to get enough variety for this block. I did not want to repeat any of the fabrics. The fabric with the gold Celtic knots on it was purchased in Inverness, Scotland last summer when we were there on vacation. 

I now have two blocks...I did a red one for July for Canada Day. 

My mini red roses are in bloom right now. I was given this plant in 2001 after having some surgery and it blooms every year.  I just noticed the bug on the top of the flower!

This phlox is actually a lovely coral colour but it looks more red in the picture. 


Finn liked my daughter's book so much that he decided to sit on it.  


I will be linking up with Kathy and the Slow Sunday Stitchers in the morning, as well as the Scraphappy RSC link up from today. 

I saw this on Facebook today and thought you could all relate. 


14 comments:

  1. How nice you joined the fun with RSC. I have been working on my Bight Jane off and on for a few years. That rose is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colors in your table topper. Finn is funny to sit on your daughter's book. LOVE all the bright and happy colors in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those two blocks you made for the RSC. You must have quite a stash of scraps to get so many different fabrics in each block. Finn is adorable as usual. Love the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all need someone who doesn't roll their eyes!! Finn looks pretty proud of himself too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice scrappy fabrics in both blocks for RSC. I look forward to see how your quilting on your DSM goes as I continue to learn that. Wonderful rose photos. They look like I could touch them. Cute sewing saying that I have not yet seen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is lovely, and really love those yellow and green dishcloths! Gorgeous roses! We are having a heat spell here. It is 90 at 9 in the morning and getting up to 109 today. My flowers are not looking so great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice selection of fabric for your RSC blocks. Isn't it interesting how a different colour completely changes the look of a block. I guess that's why we love patchwork! Finn is super cute. Lola does the same!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely block chosen for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. RSC is fun and a great way to use up those scraps. Love all of your bightly colored dish and face cloths. Finn is funny we just discovered there is a pig with curly hair wonder if they call them pigdoodles?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Weight of Love project is lovely - fun fabrics and colors! I really like those RSC blocks, too! Your flowers are really beautiful - thanks for sharing them today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So much visual interest in your Weight of Love project. Your choice of fabrics and your design is fabulous. Those Rainbow Scrap blocks are great. Love the variety of the fabrics you have chosen. Why, I can almost smell the delicious fragrance of your exquisite rose.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sure you will enjoy being part of the Rainbow Scrappers. This is my second year and I'm really enjoying making my RSC blocks each month.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We will never roll our eyes when quilters share about their projects! LOL Love that background fabric you chose for your EPP project. And you are really inspiring me to do some knitting again! Thanks for linking up with the Slow Sunday Stitchers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome to RSC! I think your blocks are beautiful and yes! I can relate to your FB picture! Hahaha! And gotta love that silly Finn!

    ReplyDelete