Saturday, February 13, 2021

This and That

 I made steady progress this week on "Love Birds", a counted cross stitch picture I am making for C and M for their wedding which took place late in 2020. My goal this past week was to finish the leaves and start the next large blue flower.  Mission accomplished!  


Here is a closer up view of the section I worked on this week. 


It may take a week or two to finish the blue flower.  There are a lot of stitches in it!

My friend, A, celebrated a birthday this week so I made her a zippered pouch using some gardening themed fabric from my stash.  She is an avid gardener and was pleased with her bag.  The lining is a polkadot fabric. 


This week, I finished my "make a mini, make a friend" quilt for my swap partner in the Modern Quilt Guild, part of QuiltCon Together 2021(a virtual event this year due to COVID-19).  My partner lives in Texas and I asked that she make a mini quilt for me that tells me something about where she lives.  The quilt she sent to me arrived this past week but she has not received the one I made yet.  Once she has it, I will reveal both quilts here.  I did some colour blocks as my leaders/enders while making the swap quilt. These four blocks will be for quilts in future months.  The yellow and gray blocks are the last four needed for the February quilt. 



I am in the midst of prepping for some workshops at QuiltCon and if everything is ready early, I may have time to work on the February Colour block quilt this week. Two of the workshops are hand stitching--one is a hand quilting class with Sarah Fielke and the other is a hand embroidered quilt label class. I should have something to report on my classes by next week's blog post for Slow Sunday Stitching. 

I picked up two framed cross stitch pictures this week. The Frank Lloyd Wright window has been stitched for quite a while and the multicoloured blackwork was finished before Christmas.  As you can see below, both are now hanging on the wall!  The woman who does my framing does a great job!






As usual, Finn provided loving support during my daughter's stitching time this week.  There is a good reason that we call him the "Velcro" dog.  This is a stitch-along from the Barmy Fox on Instagram. 






Here are a couple of pictures taken while I was out for a walk one day this week.  The red berries are high bush cranberries. 



As usual, I will link up with Kathy and the gang of Slow Sunday Stitchers in the morning. Have a great week!

12 comments:

  1. all of your blocks are wonderful and the stitching too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many lovely projects to feast my eyes on! Your two framed pictures look beautiful. And Velcro dog is as gorgeous as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! Such beautiful work! the pouch is lovely and I love your framed pieces. The photo of the blue sky with the squirrel silhouetted made me smile and brought some instant warmth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your framed pictures are beautiful, you have so many lovely projects going on, that pouch you made for your friend is lovely I bet she was so happy to receive it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many wonderful things going on! I'm always envious of your photography skills. We may go for a walk today, so I'll try to be inspired by you. Another of my friends is doing many classes with QuiltCon this week...if this is virtual again next year I will have to take part.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great projects, and always love seeing your beautiful photography, and your daughters gorgeous stitching, and of course Finn! I've never seen a black squirrel before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your daughter embroidery is awesome, she is doing such a beautiful stitching. Beautiful shots outside. The framed blackwork looks lovevly . You made a pretty pouch for your friend birthday. Happy Valentine's for you and your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those quilt blocks are wonderful. I enjoyed looking at all the different fabrics in the yellow blocks. Your daughter's embroidery is beauitiful. I liked the black squirrel picture. You don't see them by me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your framed cross-stitch designs turned out beautifully! It's always fun to see what your daughter is working on, too. It looks like Finn would love to try that craft himself! I hadn't seen a black squirrel before - had to look them up and read about them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous stitching happening at your house, hand and machine! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Finn is so cute and snuggly.
    what s busy week you've had. beautiful projects.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such wonderful photos! That Finn is so adorable and beloved by all the Cozy Quilter fans!

    ReplyDelete