Saturday, September 18, 2021

Maple Syrup Quilt Done, Progress on other fronts.

I meant to post pictures of my finished neutral swap quilt last week, but forgot, so here it is this week.  The  reddish background fabric is more of a rust colour in real life. The quilting adds lovely texture. This quilt is now on its way to its new owner. 




 I made more progress on my second charm pack quilt this week. I have the side borders sewn together but still need to piece the top and bottom borders and then sew everything to the centre.  I am definitely running out of green fabric so will have to get creative for the next border.  I have lots of charm squares left as I had two packs of the same charm set. I may have to do a bit of fudging to make the borders fit properly but I have a plan on how to do this. 



The Snow person knitting is coming along, albeit, slowly! I am decreasing for the neck on the next round. 


My daughter added some more stitches to Dubrovnik this week, purple and orange. 






My husband and I went for a hike on Thursday and saw this unusual fungus growing on a log. So pretty!





The trees are just starting to change colour in the park where I walk every morning.  The trees there always put on a great show!


Finn likes to be comfortable and use all the pillows when he has a nap!


I will link up with Kathy and the Slow Sunday Stitchers in the morning. 

12 comments:

  1. your fall is much advanced from ours - beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful swap quilt. Your knitting is gorgeous. And beautiful nature pictures.
    Have a happy slow Sunday stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your slow stitching today... Finn reminds me of our Molly when she sleeps too! Fall is heading to NC but I agree with Karen... you are further along than we are... ENJOY it :D Your charm square quilt is looking quite dashing and your finished quilt is lovely... Happy knitting! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your charm quilt and I'm sure the swap quilt is being enjoyed by its recipient. I've been watching for leaf color changes here and we've started just a tad, not much. Finn is such a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your neutral swap quilt is so pretty. I love the quilting. That charm pack quilt is looking wonderful. I love the 4 patch border. A few trees are just beginning to change colors here. That doesn't look like a comfortable sleeping position for Finn, but he is obviously happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss the fall changing of colors! Finn looks very comfy taking a nap. Beautiful quilt and great progress all around from both you and your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finish, and another beautiful quilt you are working on. Lovely fall colors! Your daughter always does such beautiful work, and Finn is his usual adorable self!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That fungus is extraordinary! Always enjoy seeing what you and your daughter are making!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Turkey tracks is what hubby would tell me from his book on fungi. Fall is the time to see all the many varieties that grow wild in the forest. Love all your projects including the stitching that your daughter is stitching, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice finish! I love that charm pack you are using and the green is gorgeous. I look forward to seeing it finished. Finn is just so cute. I visited a garden today that is known for its autumn colour but didn't spot any trees turning yet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your charm pack quilt is looking so pretty! I really love the green for the background. Interesting fungi! And Finn is always so cute in his photos - does he know how much we all enjoy him?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your neutral quilt is wonderful with that bright red! Love it and the blocks on the back.
    Pretty Star quilt - and ha! I'm glad Finn is comfortable.
    Looking forward to seeing the snow person progress.

    ReplyDelete