Saturday, May 7, 2022

Knitting a Baby Washcloth and Green RSC

I just found out that someone I know just became a grandmother for the first time... how exciting!  I decided to make some baby washcloths for the new baby.  This one is about 1/3 done and will have a bird on it.  I have a starfish cloth that I made quite a while ago and I will also make a cloth with a whale on it. These do not take too long to make.  


 The Rainbow Scrap Challenge colour this month is green, specifically, forest green and sage green.  I have enough forest green scraps to make my three blocks for this challenge but sage green is almost non-existent in my stash so I will be skipping the sage green blocks.  I have lots of light to medium green scraps so they may come out to play as well. I made a black 36 patch block as well. 




Here are all the blocks I have made so far this year, plus my HST block that I have not put together yet.  Top row: black, gray and forest green
Middle row: Brown and red
Bottom row: gold, turquoise and yellow


I will work on my other RSC projects this week.  The green scraps are still out, ready to go. I will link up with Angela today. 

Our azalea bush is in full bloom.  Such a pretty colour!


My husband and I went for a long walk at the St. Thomas Elevated Park earlier this week.  They have been installing art along the trail.  This is a good piece for Spring!


Our daughter is here for a few days and will take Finn with her when she goes home.  We went for ice cream one night after supper.  This particular shop has treats for dogs called "Pawsicles"--made from peanut butter yoghurt.  Finn approves!  He could hardly wait to eat his treat. 


This picture was taken when we were sitting on the front porch waiting for A to arrive.  He was very excited when she got out of the car and he raced over to her and smothered her in kisses.  He has been keeping himself very close to her since she arrived. 


Today, we went for a hike.  Finn loves going for long walks in the woods. 


The violets in my garden are in bloom!   The original plant belonged to my husband's grandmother who passed away over 30 years ago so these little blossoms remind us of her every spring.   

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms, Grandmothers, Aunts and mother figures in our lives!  

I will link up with Kathy in the morning. 

7 comments:

  1. Dont your blocks look wonderful together! And how nice to be knitting those cloths for the new baby. Finn is wo derful, as usual, so glad he got his very own treat when you were all out together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day. All of your blocks are so pretty. I love all the different fabrics that you have. Your azalea is beautiful. Mine haven't bloomed yet. Finn is adorable. I am sure he was very, very happy to see your daughter. I love the idea of a pupsicle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute washcloth. And those quilt blocks are looking good. Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks look so cool together, Gail. Cute baby washcloth. I can imagine how happy Finn was when your daughter arrived.
    Happy Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This cloth looks so lacy... very pretty! I just got a pattern book for making cloths and I'm looking forward to knitting some of those.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your 36 patch blocks! They're going to make a neat quilt. It always looks like you have wonderful places nearby to take a hike! I bet you'll miss Finn when he goes home!

    ReplyDelete