Saturday, February 17, 2024

Secret Sewing

 Almost all of my sewing time this week was spent making a wall hanging for a swap which will take place next week.  I have spent months ruminating over a design and colours and fabrics.  I am really pleased with the end result and am in the process of adding the hand stitches to the binding and hanging sleeve.  I will show my finished quilt and the quilt that I receive from my swap partner in my next blog post. 



I did a bit of cross stitching this week, adding lots of the variegated purple borders as well as starting the bird motif.  It doesn't look like much yet, but these are the tail feathers.  If you squint, you might see it!!! LOL. 


Finn says he has a nice tail, but no feathers!  This is what happens when his kong goes under the couch. 


This project is nearing completion.  When it is done, I will go back and finish my sunflower picture.  I have taken my spring rabbit cross stitch in to be framed and have been told it will be ready before Easter. 


Finn likes to lie on his quilt and blanket under my daughter's desk while she works from home.  She requires his constant close supervision. 


My husband and I started a new puzzle this week--this was a Christmas gift from Finn and my daughter. I think I would like to visit this shop in person. 


I'm off to work on my binding.  Happy slow stitching Sunday, everyone!  I will link up with Kathy in the morning. 

10 comments:

  1. I think Finn looks stuck under that bed lol - he is having fun. Have fun with your stitching

    ReplyDelete
  2. im looking forward to seeing your rabbit framed and this latest project completed. Finn is such a great companion! Have fun with that jigsaw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cross stitch is coming together nicely. It’s rewarding to be close to a finish. Your daughter has the most adorable supervisor. The puzzle looks tedious, but maybe not for two people. It would be a pleasure to visit the Stitch by Stitch shop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The peek at your secret sewing project looks fun - I'll look forward to seeing the finish! The cross-stitch design is coming along beautifully, too! Finn has a delightful tail - it looks like he could knock some things down with it if he really got going. Have a wonderful Sunday, Gail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely picture, I would love to visit that store too, that looks like a lots of pieces. I'm looking forward to seeing your secret sewing project and the cross stitch is lovely. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I would like to visit that shop, too. It looks as if there might be many stitching treasures inside. Finn is such a character. Your cross stitch pretty is looking wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Secret sewing, jig saw puzzle and cross stitch is keeping you busy this week

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful colours in your cross stitch piece - that variegated purple is yum! I want to sit at the puzzle table with you guys... that looks like a fun one! Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching Gail!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your new puzzle. Your cross-stitch is so pretty. I love the flosses. Finn always makes me smile. I look forward to seeing both swap quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colours in your cross stitched piece and they seem to match the lovely puzzle too. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete