Friday, September 11, 2026

Leaves and a Finish!

This week, I added more leaves to my Fall cross stitch project.  This is not a very big project and it is fun to work on at this time of year.  This whimsical pattern is from Satsuma Street.


I finished the Bricks and Stepping Stones baby quilt this week. I sewed the binding down by hand in the car on our way to see a play in Blyth.  This quilt will be gifted shortly.  The baby was born in July.  Many of the I Spy prints were picked specifically for this particular baby boy. 








I'm moving right along on the hand quilting of my round robin quilt.  I'm using orange thread to quilt the cool colours and green thread to quilt the warm colours on this quilt.  I'm enjoying every stitch!





I have lots of projects on my list of things to do next week.  We will see how much gets done.  I'm happy just working away in my sewing room, listening to an audio book or chatting with a friend as I sew. 

Finn is a happy boy!  



At the park where I walk with friends each morning, everything is just ducky. 


You can tell the end of summer is nigh when the berries on the bushes are in full colour.   According to my Seek app, this is a Guelder-rose or Viburnum. 



This one is an Autumn Olive.  This colour palette would make a great quilt...


 I will link up with Kathy and the Slow Sunday Stitchers as well as Frederique.   Blogger has been acting weird the last little while.  Did some of you have trouble commenting last week?  

2 comments:

  1. I did have trouble commenting at some point last week. It was frustrating! (But I was glad to find out it wasn't just me!) Those leaves on the fall cross-stitch are such pretty colors, Gail. Love all the color in the baby quilt, too. That is such a neat design for an I Spy quilt. You also caught some pretty color in your leaf and berries photos. Hello, Finn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great collection of I Spy fabrics for the quilt. He's sure to love it!!!.You always have several pretty projects in the works. Scratches to Finn!

    ReplyDelete