Thursday, November 6, 2008

Tree triangle problems and a new BOM project.

I started a new project last night--I puchased the pattern for a table topper at the quilt store in St. Jacob's. It has a central square surrounded by pieced stars, houses and trees. I picked out some homespuns from my stash and started cutting out the pieces last night. I am working on the trees tonight and now realize that the pattern does not have any measurements or templates for the triangles. I cut out what I thought would work but the side triangles are too small once they are sewn to the trees. I called a quilting friend for some advice and will try her idea in a few minutes. If anyone has any other ideas on how to solve this problem, please let me know! Here are a couple of pictures of my project. The centre square with a frame sewn on it is in the first picture. The other fabrics will be used for the 8 houses.

The other picture shows my tree problems...

I also started a new BOM project from Claudia's Quilt Shoppe - Free BOM
I made the centre block of what will be a wallhanging. Various borders will be added to the centre block each month. I purchased this material at a quilt store near Peterborough last winter.

I'm off to work on the trees...

No comments:

Post a Comment