Sunday, May 10, 2009

Cobblestones...finally done!

I took a class from Heather Stewart in the Fall and learned how to make the blocks for this quilt. I had the quilt top done within two weeks of the class. Two weeks ago, I took it in to be machine quilted by Al, the husband of a member of one of the quilt guilds to which I belong. This morning, I sewed the binding onto the quilt by machine. We had a 2 1/2 hour car trip to pick up our daughter today at a training weekend for her summer job so I took the quilt in the car to hand sew the binding to the back of the quilt. And now, it's done!!

I made a list of projects that I must complete in the next couple of weeks including a baby gift, a wedding shower gift, some quilted postcards and a table runner for a swap...I'm going to be busy.


  1. I have flannels set aside for this block pattern in some of my favorite shades. Your's turned out terrific.

  2. This one really turned out nice Gail! I love the colours on it.

  3. Beautiful your colours!