Monday, October 26, 2009

Workshop: Disappearing 9 Patch

I was at a Disappearing 9 Patch workshop all day on Saturday. As I said in an earlier post, I used leftover flannel from PJ's that I have made for my daughter and my nieces for this quilt. It may look like a hodge-podge of colours, but it has lots of memories in it. I can remember how my daughter looked when she wore each pair!!! The bug fabric in the middle of each block was from the year I made all three girls matching PJ's. Flannel PJ's are so cozy! It takes 30 blocks to make a lap quilt and I managed to finish 18 blocks on Saturday.

I have lots of works in progress at the moment. It's a good thing that our guild has a "Quilt 'til You Wilt" day coming up in a couple of weeks. Maybe I will be able to get some of these UFO's done...

By the way, I finished this year's birthday pj's just in time--I finished sewing on the last button as we turned into their driveway!

1 comment:

  1. I love these kinds of quilts. I have one with material from clothes my mom made when I was growing up. After she passed away I got her stash and used up remnants from those clothes. Memory Quilts are wonderful! I made my dad a lap quilt out of some of the fabrics too.

    ReplyDelete