Saturday, September 24, 2011

600 HST's Done!

It took three weeks of getting together with Christine to get my 600 HST's done...But here they are--all sewn, just waiting to be pressed. The other 200 are already pressed and ready for the next step. I hope to get the pressing done later today. Christine finished putting the borders on her 30's spin blocks. I love the fabrics she is using--so bright and cheery. They remind me of my grandmother's quilts.


BIG NEWS!  This week, I will be going away for a quilt retreat with Christine and Carol!  We are heading up to White Birch Lodge near Elk Rapids, Michigan for the annual Beaver Island Quilt Retreat with Gwen Marston! 

 This is my first time going to this retreat--Carol and Christine have been a few times before so I am the "Newby".  I am very excited!  I have a couple of Gwen's books and am fascinated by her liberated quilts. I am bringing a bin of fabric, my sewing machine, my camera and sewing supplies for 4 days of quilty bliss and two days of travel. I have a project in mind, inspired by a workshop I took at the Russian quilt show in Ailsa Craig a few years ago. I never did finish that project but hope to make my own liberated version on the retreat.


Gwen will be teaching us how to make "Small Studies".  I will take lots of pictures and do a blog post about my retreat when I get back.

In the meantime, I have to go and pack!

Happy Quilting!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, have fun, Gail! Can't wait to see your newly learned projects!
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO WAY! That is my dream to go there...you lucky duck! I might have to call you when you get back to hear ALL about it...a blog post might not be enough for me to find out all you learned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job on those. I know it is a big relief to finish something so important. Have fun on your retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. have fun on the retreat, I'd love to go!

    ReplyDelete