Saturday, September 10, 2011


That's how many 2" red and neutral HST units I have made this week. Christine and I got together again on Wednesday night and I used my Accuquilt GO cutter and my new 2" HST die to cut out the pieces. 

Today, I sewed them all together. At one point I was so focused, I kept pushing the units through the machine with no bobbin thread!  

Here are my 227 HST's, all pressed and ready to go.

Now, I just have to cut out 373 more and sew and press them. My Roll Roll Cotton Boll quilt has 600 red and neutral HST's in it!

We had our first London Friendship Quilters' guild meeting this past Thursday. Our speaker was Glenda Spencer from This past year, she did a mystery quilt for some quilters in her area. This year, she is offering a new mystery quilt for members of our guild and I signed up for it because we all know I need another UFO! The quilt will start with a 12" block in October and each month, we will receive a pattern for a border to add. This will go on for 6 months and the goal is to have the quilts done for our quilt show next October. I have to go and dig into my stash to see what fabrics I will use. I want to try to avoid purchasing any new fabric for this project. You can see a picture of last year's mystery quilt here.  I also signed up for our annual November Quilt Til You Wilt day and plan on attending the workshop being offered in November as well. It looks like an exciting year ahead!

I wandered through my garden today and took some pictures of the flowers. I did not notice the spider in the middle of this picture until I looked at the picture on my computer. If you click on the picture, you will get a better view.

These flowers are called "Moonbeam Coreopsis".  They are one of my favourites!


  1. Those hst's are so pretty stacked in their chains. The RRCB is a beautiful quilt, yours will be, too!

  2. It is a little annoying when that happens, hopefully, you didn't "sew" too many together before you noticed the bobbin was empty.