Sunday, November 27, 2011

A Postcard and Elgin Piecemakers Charity Quilts

The London Friendship Quilters' Guild has a fabric postcard exchange every month which I try to participate in most months. I put a card in the guild mailbox this month and this is the card I received in my mailbox. Jill (aka The Quilt Rat) made this postcard by embossing a beer can using a cork board and a ball-point pen. I was thrilled to receive this card in the mail--Jill's creativity knows no bounds!  For more of her work, you can check out her blog.

The Elgin Piecemakers guild met this past week. We had our usual show and tell of our charity quilts which we make for our local hospital's adult chemo unit as well as our own projects. I showed a couple of quilts that I received back from the long armers recently--you will get to see them when I get the binding sewn down as well as a quilt I made for my SIL for Christmas. I don't want to show a picture of it yet either--she knows she is getting a quilt but I don't want her to see it before December 25th.

A few months ago, we each made a Churn dash block in greens and browns. The long arm quilter just finished quilting this quilt. I love the variety in how the blocks look depending on the colours and amount of contrast used.

I showed this quilt top last month but here it is all quilted. I love the backing!  This quilt will be sure to brighten someone's day!


Last month, we all made yellow and blue blocks and now all those blocks have been made into a flimsy.

This month's colours were purple and green. There are still a couple more blocks to be handed in before these blocks get put together into a quilt top.

Next month, the colours are green, white and black. Two of us had our blocks done and brought them to our meeting.


Jacqui, Chris and I spent an evening this past week making pillowcases for our local "Inn out of the Cold" shelter. We made 21 pillowcases, mostly from donated fabric but we all contributed fabric from our own stashes as well. I will post a picture of the pillowcases soon. I also did some sewing on the borders for RRCB. This week, Christine and I will be getting together to work on our RRCB quilts. I hope to get that binding on those two recently quilted quilts as well. There are also some fabric postcards to work on...  The list never ends! 
Have a good week!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you like the card....I had great fun making it.
    Just wanted you to know your name IS in the hat :-) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete