Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Because I Need Another Project...

I was looking at some blogs tonight and saw that Bonnie Hunter has a preview up of the next step in the Lazy Sunday mystery that is running in Quiltmaker magazine. Christine came over for our weekly sewing night tonight so I decided to put 3 blocks together, just to see how they would look...

This is going to be one bright quilt!  This is the first time that the blue has made an appearance. I hope the magazine shows up in the store where I get my quilting magazines tomorrow so I can see the rest of the instructions for step 3.

Last night, it rained...there was lots of thunder and lightening so I could not go outside to work on the garden. Instead, I played with my 9 patch mystery strips on my design wall.

I found out my design wall is not big enough for this quilt! I may have to resort to using my design floor instead.  I will stare at this for a few days before sewing everything together so that I can make sure the colours are as random as possible.

Tonight, I started a new project. I am going to make a lap quilt using Bonnie Hunter's Boxy Stars pattern, available for free on her website. This quilt will have 12 blocks and will be given to another family member. I hope to have it finished by the end of June...Nothing like a deadline to get me motivated! Tonight, I made 4 units which make one block.


I am using some batiks and some off white tone-on-tones...all from my stash. I think I should be able to use each batik only once in this quilt. Did I ever tell you I have too much fabric???

1 comment:

  1. How are you doing with the block exchange mystery quilt? I am working on block #6-what a lot of sewing is needed to make each one of these large blocks! And then putting them together with the sashing is going to take a ton of time also-Wow, I'm glad we have all summer to get this done!!! I really like the contrast in your blocks, the large diamond shapes really show up.

    ReplyDelete