Friday, May 24, 2013

This and That

Over the past several months, I have been participating in a 9 patch swap at the London Friendship Quilters' Guild. Each month, I made one or two sets of 20 9 patches in a different colour. My 9 patches were swapped out with everyone else's and I ended up with 180 9 patches in 9 different colours --each 9 patch is different. We have been given the instructions to work on the other blocks in this quilt over the course of the swap. I now have all the instructions and I have been working on putting all of the blocks together.

These rows are for the borders and sashings...

And these ones are for the blocks...
I have not pressed any of these yet so that is on my agenda for next week. Then, I can put them up on the design wall and organize  everything so that I can put the rows together into blocks and the blocks into a quilt top. It is going to be a very colourful quilt top!  I have some extra 9 patches that I may put on the back of the quilt or maybe I will put them aside to use for another 9 patch quilt...

The binding is in progress on my pinwheel runner--I hope to finish it this weekend. I like how the organic quilting turned out.  This was my first attempt at it!


The Elgin Piecemakers met last night.  This is a very fun and productive group of quilters. Here are a few pictures.  Completed blocks for our next quilt top in red and white (I made the one on the lower right corner):


Here is the completed orange and blue top--we handed these blocks in last month.


One member of our group has offered to make machine embroidered labels for all of our charity quilts:


There were four completed tops that will soon be taken to the chemo unit at our local hospital to be given to adult chemo patients:



 

There is still lots of gardening to do around here so I don't have as much time to sew and blog as I would like to have.

I bought a few FQ's and a yard of fabric for a pillowcase in the last couple of weeks.

Here is my stash report for the last couple of weeks.

Fabric used in the last 2 weeks: .5 yards
Total fabric used this year: 94.1  yards
Fabric added to the stash in the last 2 weeks: 2.25 yards
Total fabric added this year: 81.08 yards
Net fabric used this year: 13.02 yards

I think I need to make a few pillowcases to help these numbers look a bit better!

Have a good week!

2 comments:

  1. What the heck are you going to do with all of those 9-patches Gail? WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That second to last picture of the quilt with the black chain is lovely. It's a pattern I keep thinking I ought to try.

    ReplyDelete