I finished adding the borders to my 9 patch mystery this weekend. I just have to piece the back now so that I can get it to the quilter's house this week.
Christine, Carol and I got together this afternoon to work on our collaborative project. Between holidays, family commitments and working, it takes a bit of juggling for all three of us to be free to work on this quilt at the same time! Today, great progress was made with the addition of a floating leaf border...
The good news...we have a plan to finish off this project with the addition of some flying geese and a final border of the flower fabric. We all have some geese to make before our next meeting to complete this quilt top.
I did some had stitching today on the binding for my swoon quilt. I am hoping to finish it off in the next day or two so that I can show it at a gathering of quilting friends later this week. Only 1 1/2 more sides to go!
Now is the time to fess up to how much fabric came home with me from Quiltology in Chicago....
It is all washed now and most of it is ironed and ready to use in future quilts and a new pillowcase for me.
Fabric used in the last week: 2.85 yards
Total fabric used this year: 114.35 yards
Fabric added to the stash in the last 3 weeks: 12.0 yards
Total fabric added this year: 107.16 yards
Net fabric used this year: 7.19 yards
This will look better after I get that backing pieced this week! Maybe, I will even get my pillowcase made too...
I will finish off this post with a couple of pictures from my vacation. While in Springfield, we walked down a street that had recently been streetscaped with planters, new sidewalks and pillars with sayings of famous people. This one caught my quilter's eye...