Sunday, August 25, 2013

Still in the black...

After the fabric party on Thursday night, my stash report was starting to look like I might be heading for red I decided to do some sewing to make it look better!  I made this block for the Elgin Piecemaker's charity block for September. This block is a variation on one I saw in Tula Pink's new book, 100 Modern Quilt Blocks. (block #51 in the book).

I also cut out and partly sewed 5 pillowcases--one for me and 4 for gifts. (4 are shown here at the "sausage phase") 

I will show a picture of the finished pillowcases later in the week.

Early in the week, I worked on piecing the backing for my 9 patch mystery. It is still not quite done yet, but all of the fabric I have put into it so far is in the out column of my stash report below. I also counted the fabric I used to make the selvage stool in the previous post.

So, here it is...

Fabric used in the last week: 13.91 yards
Total fabric used this year: 128.26  yards
Fabric added to the stash in the last week: 13.25 yards
Total fabric added this year: 120.41 yards
Net fabric used this year: 7.85 yards

I should be able to finish that quilt back this week and maybe even get the next step cut out for the Lazy Sunday Mystery. I am not buying any fabric for the next little while!!! 

1 comment:

  1. I love the green and black block! I bought Tula's book some weeks back, but I have not made any of them yet. They are very charming, I think!