Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Another New Project


When I was in Ottawa in February, I did some shopping at Mad About Patchwork--an online store owned by my friend, Pam. As I was leaving, she gave me two bins full of bolt ends of various colours of Kona Cottons as her donation to charity quilts made by the Elgin Piecemakers. Last night, I sorted all of the pieces into piles by colour and pulled out all of the grays, reds, oranges, yellows and one  blue strip. I decided to make a man's chemo quilt. 
 
 

I cut out some 10" squares of the grays and then some 1.5" strips of the coloured fabrics.  I used the slash and insert method to make these blocks.

I have more gray squares cut out as well as more strips to make more blocks. I am hoping to make this into a lap sized quilt. So far, so good!

I have also been working on my liberated squirrel quilt...the top is done...


I will show a picture later.  The back is also done. I am in the process of figuring out how to quilt this one.  I may even hand quilt this one.... Yikes!


It is still really cold here but the snow is slowly disappearing. These brave daffodils have even made an appearance.

This chunk of ice was hanging off the roof of my house last week and has since fallen off and broken on the patio. I like the bubbles!

This picture was taken about 10 days ago. The sun was setting on a very frozen Lake Huron. Someday, it will melt and people will swim here!

Happy Spring, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. In New Brunswick we are just shoveling out from a blizzard. I know my daffodils are out there somewhere in the yard but with another blizzard on the forecast for the weekend, it might be a while before the push through the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am visiti8ng New Brunswick this week and safely sitting here in the bright sun getting ready to continue working on a disappearing 9-patch my daughter is making for a nephew as a wedding quilt. I cut. she sews. I wonder what my daffodils are doing back home in Hamilton. I planted several hundred last fall.

    ReplyDelete