Monday, March 3, 2014

Charity Quilts and How I Found Spring

We had our February meeting of the Elgin Piecemaker's guild at my house last week. 15 of us gathered in my living room and shared our projects. This strippy quilt top was made by Pam and I and is now ready to donate to the hospital chemo unit for an adult chemo patient. All of our charity projects are quilted by Heather's husband.


Our green and black blocks have been assembled into a quilt top. Each month, we each make a block using prescribed colours and we make sampler quilts from the blocks.  My block is the second from the right in the bottom row.

This orange and blue quilt is ready to be donated to the hospital.

The blue and yellow quilt just needs some binding and it is ready to go as well.

This quilt was donated by a friend of a guild member for us to donate to the hospital.  I love the border!

This month's colours were green, white and pink. There are still a few more blocks to come in for this quilt.

This quilt was made by Diane--it is not a charity project but a quilt she made for herself.  I am in love with the border strip!

On Sunday afternoon, we took a trip to the Stratford Garden show. It was a good place to forget about all of the snow and ice and bask in the warmth of the flowers and gardening supplies.  I liked this little fairy garden with two chairs in a pot.


I really hope Spring makes an appearance soon in my yard!

1 comment:

  1. We have 18 inches of snow in our yard, but I keep hoping to see a bit of green

    ReplyDelete