This week, I made a 6" chick block from Lori Holt's "Farm Girl Vintage" book as a label for my chicken quilt. This involved some embroidery to give the chick some legs!
Here is the completed block:
I turned under a 1/4" on all sides and machine top stitched it to the backing of the quilt. The quilt is all ready to go to Cathy's house for long arm quilting. Here is the backing fabric:
Here is the front of the quilt:
I'm calling it "In The Coop."
My daughter and I went shopping for fabric for a new quilt for her yesterday at Mad About Patchwork. She graduated from university last year and has finally decided on a pattern and fabric for her grad gift. This will be my project for the next little while!!! It will be queen sized...