Thursday, September 7, 2017

Christmas Lights and a Tree


Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts released the pattern for the last block of the Holly Jolly Christmas quilt a couple of weeks ago but I did not have time to make it until last night.  This one did not have as many pieces as some of the blocks so I was able to cut it out, sew it together and press it all in one night!  Some of my fabrics that I put aside for this quilt are down to very small scraps so that limited what I could use for my "lights".

I also made a Christmas tree block from some of my green scraps to add to this quilt.  It is the same type of block as I used for my pillows last fall-my own design!


I want to have 16 blocks for this quilt--I am using 14 of the 15 blocks made through Lorna's quilt along (I decided not to use the partridge in a pear tree block) and the tree block is #15.  I am going to make a snowman block for #16, again, my own design.  I hope to get it done soon so that I can work on getting this top together and off to the long arm quilter's house for quilting.  I have already bought the backing fabric and I found some red and white stripes for the binding.  I will be finalizing the layout as soon as at the snowman block is done.  It has been fun making the blocks but I am ready to get this project done!




1 comment:

  1. The blocks look great! But... I'm not ready to think about Christmas yet!

    ReplyDelete