Tuesday, October 10, 2017

A Blue Partridge


I made this Partridge in a Pear Tree block for my Holly Jolly Christmas quilt back in March. It has been on my design wall since then. I decided early on that I did not like it--the colours did not go with the rest of the colours in the other blocks. I was not keen on the idea of taking it apart and changing the colours of the partridge and played with the idea of making an alternate block instead. In the end, I decided to make a blue partridge. I took the block apart and remade the bird.  I am much happier with the blue partridge...


The "blue bird of happiness" co-ordinates much better with the other blocks!

I have an idea on how to change my tree block so it fits in better as well.  This will happen next and then I will put the blocks together into a top.  My quilter, Cathy, is ready to quilt this one up as soon as I get it to her.  It will be done in plenty of time for the Christmas season.


5 comments:

  1. Love the blue bird! My quilt is stalled for the moment and seeing yours reminded me how much I like these blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blue bird! It looks great with your other blocks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks very beautiful. I love the blue bird. I have 4 blocks to go on this QAL. You are in a good place to get it done early!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess you might say.... This isn't just a partridge... He's a Blue Bird of Happiness! Glad you like your changes. He's cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought the brown bird looked fine, but then I saw the blue version and can see how much better it fits with the rest of your blocks.

    ReplyDelete