Saturday, November 24, 2018

Frank

I spent a few hours in the car last Sunday and, of course, I worked on my Frank Lloyd Wright project as we travelled.  Today, we were in the car again for a couple of hours so FLW had more outlining stitches added.  The bottom rectangle in the picture below is the last section that needs to be outlined (besides the little squares in the next section up!).  Tonight, I watched a movie on TV and did some more stitching.  At this rate, FLW will be done in no time!


The Elgin Piecemakers Guild met this past Thursday.  As usual, there were several Comfort quilts in various stages of completion at show and tell time.  Our blocks this month were scrappy churn dashes, adapted from a tutorial by Crazy Mom Quilts.  Yvonne and I will be working together to put these blocks together in to a top.  We just need to make one more block...


Julie quilted this grey, yellow and white quilt and the binding will be added by the next meeting.


Two other finished quilts were ready to be delivered to the hospital.



I hope to have some slow stitching time tomorrow after doing a few jobs around the house.  I will be checking in at Kathy's blog to see what the other slow stitchers have been up to this week as well.  I have a quilt back from the long arm quilters so maybe I will get the binding machine sewn to it tomorrow as well...perhaps there will be a finish to share soon...

7 comments:

  1. Love seeing all the tradtional blocks in the fun bright colors. A scrappy churn dash sure is a twist on a traditional one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frank is looking good and I really like the scrappy churn dash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what size do you make your comfort quilts? I had thought I need to do some easy quilts to use more of the stash and that might be one way to get rid of some

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of nice eye candy! I also love the scrappy churn dash blocks. I'll keep that in mind for next year's Rainbow Scrap Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the churn dash blocks... maybe I need to make one or two !?!?
    Enjoy your stitching today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. FLW is stunning. I am looking forward to seeing the whole finished piece. Those comfort quilts are fantastic. They are all so different and so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lot of loveliness to look at! FLW is flying along!

    ReplyDelete