Saturday, December 1, 2018

Pincushions, NYC, Frank and Some Binding

Christine and I have been making some pincushions recently.  I had to buy more stuffing for mine so even though I made them a couple of weeks ago, they did not get stuffed and the openings sewn up until this week. The top 5 are mine and the two in the bottom of the picture are Christine's.  I would like to make a few more and, goodness knows, I have lots of scraps to use to make them!


My daughter recently finished her New York City counted cross stitch picture.  The background is white, like the other ones that she has made.  She went to the store today to buy more floss for her next projects, although she is not sure which city scape will be stitched next.




I did a lot of hand stitching this week...I spent three evenings hand sewing the binding on my Foothills quilt.  The binding is navy blue to match the sashing and borders.  You can see in this picture that the backing fabrics are also shirts.  I will do a blog post about the finished quilt later this week after I get some pictures in better light.


I am very close to finishing off my FLW counted cross stitch project...I worked on it a few days this past week and finished off the second last section from the bottom and started on the bottom section.  I am almost out of thread on the first spool of silver metallic thread but I bought two so there is no need to panic!  I don't want to get into a running out of thread situation again like I did with the grey thread earlier in this project!




It is harder to get a good picture of this these days since I do my stitching in the evenings and it is dark so early this time of year.

Today was Quilt 'til You Wilt with the London Friendship Guild ---I was there by 9am and wilted about 8pm.  I will do a blogpost about my accomplishments later this week.  I will link up with Kathy and her gang of Slow Stitchers in the morning.

8 comments:

  1. that what I think of when I link to Kathy too - Kathy and her gang LOL - I wish we could all be sitting in the same room sometime with our slow stitching! great projects you have

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am working on an event where all the slow stitchers could be in the same room stitching together :)

      Delete
  2. Your daughter's NYC skyline is very pretty. I can recognize many of the buildings. FLW is almost done? WooHoo! I am sure there was a lot of trepidation on your part when you were searching for the matching floss. Your quilt is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pin cushions, bright and cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun pincushions!
    And how great that your daughter is enjoying slow stitching too... we have another convert for the hand stitching gang!! LOL
    It's so hard to get good photos this time of year when it's so dark all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pin cushions turned out great. As did your daughters city scene! FLW is looking so good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your scrappy pincushions are so cute! I've been wanting to make a long skinny one that would sit at the front of my machine just like the one your friend made.

    ReplyDelete