Sunday, December 30, 2018

Frank is FINISHED!

Today is the last Slow Sunday Stitching day of 2018.  In April, I started a counted cross stitch project,  Fountain Glass, a stained glass window designed by Frank Lloyd Wright.  This past week, I finished the last few silver outlining stitches and this picture is done!  


This project represents a lot of time spent stitching in the car, in the gazebo and on the couch.  




I now have three counted cross stitch pictures finished and waiting for framing.  (two FLW windows and the snowmen) I will make getting these framed and up on the wall a priority in the new year. 
I took two weeks off work this Christmas and have spent lots of time with my family.  We finished one puzzle and have started a second one. 


 There have been lots of long walks with Finn as well as play time with him. 


 I have also been doing some reading. This is our stack of books that were under the tree...some belong to my husband and some belong to me. 


Of course, there has been lots of sewing going on as well. I am sleeping better and am feeling more relaxed.  The wide open zippered pouch below was made for a friend for Christmas.  She likes to knit and it is the perfect size for a smaller project such as a pair of socks or mittens. 



A confession...I am still working on one last Christmas gift!  With any luck, it will be finished today and I will deliver it later this week.  There is some hand sewing to do on it...  I will cut the outer circle to make the grey circle centred after I finish the blanket stitching.  I will do a blog post about the finished project later this week.


For 2019's Slow Sunday Stitching project, I have signed up for Sarah Fielke's "Coming Home" BOM.  I am in the midst of picking out fabrics for my quilt.  I will also start another counted cross stitch picture, likely another Frank Lloyd Wright window, to work on in the car.

I will be linking up with Kathy and the other Slow Sunday Stitchers.  Take a look at all of the wonderful hand stitching that is going on there!


10 comments:

  1. Frank looks fabulous! That's a lot of little stitches. The door puzzle looks like it was fun, I love to do puzzles but my cats also love the pieces so I don't do them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your FLW is fabulous, Im looking forward to seeing it framed! That puzzle looked like a complicated one? Finn cuddling his snowman toy is soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the perfect vacation to me... stitching, playing with Finn, puzzles, reading... total bliss!
    Congrats on finishing Frank!
    That new project from Sarah looks like a doozy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the needle work and the doggy resting in the final photo

    ReplyDelete
  5. YEAH for finish the FLW "Fountain" piece. I'm interested in seeing what the next one will be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on finishing Frank! I look forward to watching the next one progress. So happy you are sleeping better and your vacation sounded heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the finish! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a nice blog - great cross stitch. I have visited many of his homes. Loving Frank was a great read too. awesome puzzle, did I see it on IG?
    happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks like a fun puzzle. I started one the 23rd and had to put it away before it was finished. It was challenging. I'm not giving up on it yet - I'll get it out again soon. That stack of books looks so interesting. You'll have a lot of hours enjoying those. The cross stitch piece is very peaceful and nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. FLW looks wonderful. I have enjoyed watching your progress on this project. I am looking forward to seeing what you decide to work on next. I love puzzles and it has been a while since I've completed one. That one looks fun and challenging. Looks like you have really pooped out Finn. Enjoy your stitching and reading.

    ReplyDelete