Saturday, December 15, 2018

Frank Lloyd Wright and Prague

My daughter has started another counted cross stitch city---this time it is Prague.  She visited Prague earlier this year with a group of friends when they toured Eastern Europe.  She has decided to stitch only cities where she has been to visit.  This time, she is doing one colour at a time so it doesn't have any recognizable buildings yet.  


I continue to work on the silver metallic thread outlining on Frank...I spent some time in the car today and did some stitching.  There is more car time scheduled for tomorrow and I should be able to finish this project during the drive.



Just a bit more outlining to do in this corner...




I have been working on some Christmas gifts this week so I can't show anything on those projects yet.  Stay tuned.  There was some hand stitching on the binding involved...

I went to visit my daughter and Finn last weekend.  This is one of Finn's favourite toys, Mr. Carrot.  He has a squeaker and during playtime, he lost one of his green sprouts.  Grandma to the rescue!  I sewed the sprout back on and Mr. Carrot was as good as new.  


Finn was happy to have Mr. Carrot back.


Finn likes to nap with his head on a quilt...he's a dog after my own heart!


The London Friendship Quilter's guild had their December meeting this past week...We celebrated the season with a proper Tea Party with china cups and saucers, scones with clotted cream and jam, crustless sandwiches and other goodies.


It was a fun and delicious meeting with lots of visiting and games to play. 


We all wore fascinators, made by the organizers. 


I even won a prize for the "What's in your purse?" game.  There were points given out if you had certain items in your purse...I had mittens, a zip-loc bag, and earplugs, to name a few of the items that  earned points.  The prize? A Christmas cup and saucer!

I will be linking up with Kathy and the other Slow Sunday Stitchers in the morning.

7 comments:

  1. Your Frank Lloyd Wright is really coming along nicely. Oh the memories of my grandma repairing my Lamby so that no more "beans" could fall out. Now that I look back my mom could have easily sewn it. It think that somehow she knew that I needed that memory of my grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FLW looks great! Finn is adorable. You can see that Mr Carrot is well loved. I love that fascinator. The tea party looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun in this post! I love the Finn pictures and I love the idea of a tea party at Guild. Haven't played the purse game for many years...it used to be a regular game at wedding showers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun Friendship Guild Meeting! The Frank is coming along so well and love a pet that 'needs' a quilt to snuggle in for comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful party/meeting you had! How fun!
    Love the photos of Finn... I have repaired many doggy toys since I became a fur grandma! Just hope he doesn't love quilts as much as my granddog who eats them!
    Enjoy your stitching today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's interesting how different everyone's approach to x stitch is. My daughter also does one colour at a time....I'd lose my place if I did that! FLW is looking good, you can definitely see the sparkle in some pictures. Finn is just adorable! Your quilt group party sounded like great fun, there's something special about drinking from real china cups and a cream tea...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have loved watching your counted cross enlarge. I enjoy the geometrics of FLW who is from Wisconsin where I have lived for my married life.( The designer was in engineering school when my grandfather in law was there.) Anyway, do you happen to have the purse game lists and instructions? I would love to do it with my guild.

    ReplyDelete