Sunday, September 22, 2019

FLW and a New Cityscape

If you paid close attention to last week's FLW picture, today, you might notice that I have added some backstitch lines to my project. I hope to add enough outlining today to move the hoop down so I can continue the yellow columns of cross stitching. Truth be told, I find the straight lines of backstitching a bit boring...but they do add interest to the picture, so I will soldier on!


My daughter started another cityscape, and, once again, she will not tell me what city she is stitching.  Any guesses?


I spent the last two days at a "Designing with Line" workshop with Jacquie Gering.  I can't wait to get into my sewing room to play with lines some more.  I have lots of ideas to explore!  I will be doing a post about the workshop sometime in the next few days so check back for more pictures and thoughts about the workshop.


Finn and my daughter went for a walk at the dog park yesterday and Finn had a lot of FUN!  I love how his ears flop around when he runs!




I have an exciting week coming up.  I will be retiring on Thursday!  I am looking forward to more time for creative pursuits--sewing, cross stitch, embroidery...and I want to learn to knit.  I also have lots of jobs around my house that I need to tackle, and I have a growing pile of books to read as well. I don't think there is any chance of boredom any time soon!

This picture was taken at the St. Thomas Elevated Park--the first elevated park in Canada.  The official grand opening was last weekend.  My husband and I went for a walk there on Thursday evening at sunset so I could take some pictures.



I will be linking up with Kathy and the Slow Sunday Stitchers.  Make yourself a cup of coffee or tea and take a look at what everyone is up to this week. 

4 comments:

  1. Backstitch straight lines do define a project and gives a nice result. Keep telling yourself that. ;-) My guess is that your daughter is cross stitching New York City? Jackie Gering has great and easy advice on walking foot quilting. Most of all CONGRATS on retirement. You may wonder how you found time to work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on retirement! I have been having the time of my life the past 2-1/2 years! BTW your stitching is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you will have a great retirement. It sounds like you have lots of things lined up to pass the time! That new park looks nice. Not sure which city your daughter is stitching, trying to think of somewhere with a long bridge! I'll need another clue before I can hazard a guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your retirement! More time for stitching!
    Great photos of Finn!

    ReplyDelete