Sunday, September 29, 2019

Retired!

This past Thursday was my last day of work...I retired!  It has not really hit me yet, since I did not work on Fridays anyways, but tomorrow morning, I will not need to rush around to get ready for work.  Instead, I will be spending the day sewing!  

Yesterday, my husband and I went to see a play in Blyth, a small town about 2 hours north of where we live.  You will never guess what I worked on in the car!  Frank Lloyd Wright came along for the drive and many stitches were added.  I added lots of outlining first and was finally able to move the hoop down to work on the lower section on this project. The yellow columns continue down to the bottom of the picture. 


This picture was taken in the car before I moved the hoop down. 


I stitched on the way home until it got too dark to see what I was doing.

On the way to Blyth, we stopped at the Quilt Kitchen in Exeter...I had never been to this shop before but I had seen their fabrics at a booth at the London Modern Quilt Guild show a few weeks ago.  These fat quarters jumped off the shelf and into my hands!  Those squirrels are so cute!


I also bought some yardage--some orange Essex Linen--orange is a neutral in my world!  The other fabric may become a quilt back unless I get inspired to use it in another project before then.


To celebrate my retirement, my friend Pat and I went hiking at a local conservation area near here.  It was a beautiful day on Friday...we hiked for about 90 minutes and then went out for lunch.


This dead tree had interesting fungi growing on it.


Speaking of fungi....


The trees are just starting to hint at changing colour here but there was colour to be found closer to the ground.



I will be back here again soon as the leaves change colour. 



Finn spent some time yesterday watching the squirrels out the window.  


A couple of friends gave me some Quilty retirement gifts.  I can't wait to work on this fun puzzle and get inspiration from Kaffe's quilts in Italy!


I will be linking up with Kathy and the Slow Sunday Stitchers.  Take a peak at what everyone is making.  

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your retirement. I see loads of stitching fun in your future. FLW is looking wonderful. Isn't it great when you can move the hoop. I love those fabrics that you bought. Your hike looks quite peaceful and pretty. Enjoy your gifts and your free time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your retirement. Your stitching looks lovely. Looks like some great fabrics you picked out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy retirement! Being a crafter, you will never run out of things to do, enjoy your days stitching, visiting, cooking, even a little cleaning now and again, and spending time wigh family and friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on retirement. Initially, it may feel like you are on a vacation. Lots of stitching while riding in the car. I love it when quilt fabric jumps off the shelf and into my arms. ;-) Hope you get to sleep in tomorrow morn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your retirement! Hooray for you! Love all your stitching in the car and your stops at fabric shops. My hubby is very accommodating to my hobbies.

    ReplyDelete