Friday, September 25, 2020

Lupins and 4 Finishes!!!

Four more lupin blocks made this week--I am not sure where I bought this purple fat quarter.  Here are samples of all the blocks I have made so far...24/48 blocks made.  I am half way there!  I have a few red-violet fat quarters in my pile so the raspberry lupins will blend in more once those are added. 


I finished the starfish baby wash cloth.  It is actually light blue...not gray. 


The "Let it Bee" cross stitch is done too.  I almost forgot to add the antennae!  I will frame this in a small hoop and hang it in my sewing room. 


I purchased a pattern for a blackwork project to work on next...I am in the process of getting my supplies gathered and hope to work on it this weekend. 

My daughter also finished her Nashville cityscape.  She has started a new project...not a cityscape.  I hope to share a picture of it next week. 

Finally, my Tula Pink 100 Modern Blocks sampler is completed!  I spent a few hours this week hand sewing the binding down.  I took this picture while standing on a ladder to get a full view of the quilt. 


I used three fat quarters of ombre fabric for the colourful bits in most of the blocks as well as my extensive collection of black and white fabrics for this quilt. The binding is the same darker gray solid as in the horizontal stripes.  


The colourful fabrics on the front and the backing fabrics were all designed by Tula Pink.  I purchased the three fat quarters for the front at QuiltCon 2019 in Nashville.  



My quilt was custom quilted by my friend, Julie C.  Each block is different and the background areas all have horizontal lines.  This quilt will go on our bed--our first new quilt on the bed in many years.  I have several quilts that fit our bed and rotate them about once a month so every quilt gets a chance to be on display and lay flat. I love looking at all of the blocks and finding little scraps of fun fabrics and admiring the quilting on each one. 


My friend and I go for a physically distanced walk every morning and today was foggy.  Water droplets clung to the spider webs we saw along the trail so I had to take a few pictures. 


I will be linking up with Kathy on Sunday morning along with all of the other Slow Sunday Stitchers.  

Paige at Quilted Blooms has a new link up on Fridays for people to share their finished quilting projects. Thank Goodness its Finished Fridays--TGIFF!!!

Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

  1. Good work on the finishes! They look great. I'm itching to get my 100 blocks up on the wall as soon as my challenge is finished. Making good progress today so might be able to do some layout next week. Love that city scape cross stitch...awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your Tula sampler is a beautiful! I am very fond of all the blacks, whites and gray with pops of color throughout! Great job! The spiderweb is so heavy with water droplets, they almost looks like little strings of pearls. Thank you for linking to TFIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on finishing your quilt. It is quite the achievement. It's very pretty. I also like your Let it Bee stitchery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finishes! Lady spider did a great job.
    Have a great Slow Sunday Stitching

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't like spider webs, but that second one is absolutely gorgeous. I love all those great finishes....especially Let it Bee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Four finishes ... WOW!! I love the Let It Bee ... really darling! Your spider web photos are fantastic!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful photos Gail! Those spider web photos are prize winners! Congrats on finishing the sampler quilt! I look forward to the day when we will be able to have quilt shows once again and I'll be able to see this quilt in real life.
    And also... that starfish cloth is adorable!
    Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Tula sampler quilt is really awesome! Those bits of bright really are like little jewels. Your photos are always so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have some lovely finishes this week! Your Tula pink quilt is a real stunner. And your latest addition to the lupin quilt is great. It's amazing how making a few every week adds up. Your daughters cityscape is nice. She is a very smooth cross stitcher. Love the spider web photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great work on the finishes, and your daughter's work is beautiful! Love seeing the progress on your lupin blocks!

    ReplyDelete