Saturday, September 5, 2020

Lupins, a Bee and a Sheep

 My lupin block collection continues to grow...although, this week, the blocks were made with Finn's assistance, which means they took a lot longer to make than usual.  This week's blocks were made with a purple grunge dots fat quarter. 


So, now I have a total of 12/48 blocks made for this quilt.  Here are the three lupin fabrics I have used so far:


I have a FQ chosen for my next set of blocks. 

I started a new counted cross stitch project this week--a free pattern from The Blackberry Rabbit (Sorry, I can't provide a link to their website as they are creating a new website at the moment.) The bee will have a wreath of flowers around it and some words above it. 



Last week, I said I would be starting a Bee facecloth...my attention got diverted and I am making a sheep facecloth instead.   I am about half done. 


The London Modern Guild has been doing a year long HST (half square triangle) BOM (Block of the month) over the past year.  I made my final block this week and played with my 12 blocks on the floor when Finn was not looking.   


Here is the first layout I tried:


I will do more playing before sewing the blocks together.  This will be a baby quilt...I will likely add a border before quilting it. 

I picked up my Tula Pink 100 Modern Blocks Sampler quilt this week from the long arm quilter.  I will be getting the binding put on this quilt by machine early next week so I can sit and do the hand sewing out in the gazebo.  Each block is custom quilted...here is a sample. 



I am excited to use this quilt on our bed!  It's the first new bed quilt we have had for several years. 

I have joined the book club at the library and we will be discussing this book on Tuesday morning.  I am about 2/3 of the way through it so far and will finish reading it this weekend. It's a good book--I would recommend it!  As you can see, I have a reading buddy. 


The sedums are starting to bloom in our garden. I took these pictures in the morning after it rained. 




I will link up with Kathy and the slow Sunday stitchers in the morning.  I used to get emails notifying me of your comments but must have done something to stop getting them.  I am not sure how to start this up again...if any of you have any ideas, please let me know in the comments.  I sometimes can find your emails to respond to your comments on your blogs, but sometimes I can't... so I apologize for not responding to every comment.  I find I cannot comment on any blogger blogs at all.  I do read everyone's blogs though...

Take care and have a great week. 

11 comments:

  1. Goodness me Gail you have been so busy! Lupin blocks are growing, this will be a fantastic quilt, love your colours for it. Looking forward to seeing the whole of the Tula pink finished and bound too. Cute neck tie Finn is wearing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I've just reserved your book recommendation with the library, it's got good reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your lupin blocks are very nice, the HST blocks look like a lot of fun to arrange and rearrange. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those lupin blocks. You have quite a lot pretty projects in progress. Enjoy stitching and reading with Finn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh looking forward to your sheep wash cloth. I have a thing for them HE HE! Great progress on your lubin blocks. My granddogs would really make it hard to get anything done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bee got replaced by a sheep! Can't wait to see the new knitted facecloth...that Sudz colour is awesome!
    Enjoy your stitching today!
    And thanks for the book recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS no idea how to fix that blogging problem!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute bee pattern, and I LOVE the orange quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great lupin blocks and bee stitchery, and gorgeous pictures as always on your flowers! I don't know how to address the blogger problem.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those lupines are looking great! Always helpful to have a reading partner.... I usually have a 4 legged cat near me when I read. For the comments in blogger. Under Settings, then e-mail - comment notification e-mail. Make sure your e-mail is in there. Sometimes you need to remove it then add it again and it should start sending it to that e-mail address again for you. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have been busy, all your projects look lovely. And your flowers in the garden after a rain shower certainly look pretty too.

    ReplyDelete