Saturday, August 29, 2020

Lupins!

As planned, I made 4 more lupin blocks this week, this time using a recently purchased fat quarter with raspberries on it.  My whole family loves raspberries!  At our first house, we had a raspberry patch. As soon as our daughter was old enough to discover the berries, they never made it into the house.  She ate them all, straight off the canes as soon as she went outside for the first time each day.  Here are my raspberry lupins.  (I checked google and lupins can be spelled with or without an "e" on the end--lupin or lupine)


I just noticed my toe nails match my blocks, again!

I now have 8 blocks, 4 of each of the two blocks shown below.  40 more to make. 


I made two more blocks for my Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilt...I only have one more block to do to be caught up for 2020. 


The cat in the hat fabric is a scrap from a baby quilt I made several years ago. The top goose fabric is leftover from a quilt my daughter and I made for her bed in 2003. The third square down in the right column is from the quilt I made my daughter when she graduated from university, almost 6 years ago.  

I also made a bright blue block, although some of the fabrics could have gone into a dark blue block as well. 


 A couple of these fabrics were purchased at QuiltCon in Nashville in 2019. 

I finished the avocado dish cloth I started last week.  I have a pattern for a cloth with a bee on it which I will work on next. I will start it tomorrow for Slow Sunday Stitching with Kathy. 


My daughter and Finn have come for a visit.  Finn was very excited to see us and has been zooming all over the house and yard since they arrived.  We gave him a bath tonight so he is now smelling fresh as a daisy. This picture was taken earlier this week, just before going for a walk one evening. 


My daughter finished "Budapest" and has started stitching a new city, Nashville. 


Finn was napping while she stitched. 


Many of the flowers in our garden are fading, but the honeysuckle came out in bloom again this week. 


I did lots of scrap sorting this week, and purged some that I did not think I would ever use.  I also worked on a couple of secret projects, which you will all see, in due course.  Although most of my sewing supplies have been put away for our company this week, I did leave out a few things to sew while my daughter works and Finn naps.  I have another 4 lupins to make and a dark green scrappy block as well.  Take care and have a great week!

14 comments:

  1. Great progress on your blocks! I hope to get out and spruce up my perennial bed this week once this heat wave breaks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those blocks. My daughter and her husband have a raspberry bush and found that their pup likes raspberries as much as they do. Budapest is very pretty. Looking forward to seeing Nashville.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love all the blocks - I have planted a couple berry bushes and hope they grow and give me some yummy goodness. Love all your stitching

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy! Lots of eye candy here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun to have a collection of stitched cities!
    Your stitching is so even on your new dishcloth... I aspire to that!
    Great job on your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of lovely stitching I love your daughters cross stitch it looks great. It's sad to see the flowers fading, I'm not looking forward to the cooler weather. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great progress on your lupins, and blue blocks. Love the cloth. Your daughter is making excellent progress too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the raspberries. Such gorgeous colours!

    Budapest looks fab - your daughter must have quite the collection of cities by now

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such great memories along with the lupine blocks (sorry - my mom called them lu pines so I added the e!) Finn looks so happy to be visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great progress! Love your daughter's crossstich!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your lupin blocks are beautiful, Finn is adorable, and I'm looking forward to seeing Nashville come to life for your daughter. Whenever we drive through Nashville (from St. Louis area to North Carolina) we love to see the "Batman building". Hope to see it in the X-stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun post! Quilt blocks, puppies, and cross stitch, oh my! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on finishing up your PURPLE blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What gorgeous fabrics you are using for your lovely lupins. And you are making great progress. At home in Newfoundland, lupins grow wild and are breathtaking in places. I keep trying to grow them in my garden here but no luck just yet. All your blocks are wonderful and I love that you are knitting dish cloths.

    ReplyDelete