Saturday, August 22, 2020

RSC: Playing Catch Up

 After toying with the idea of participating in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge for months, maybe years, I decided to jump in with both feet this month and catch up with all the colours for 2020.

I showed my red and purple blocks on my last blogpost...

This week, I made my pink, light/bright green and orange blocks.

The fabric in the upper left corner is a scrap from my "going away" dress from our wedding day, almost 31 years ago.  I'm not sure if I will keep the square in the upper left...the green circle is attention seeking...


The green scrap bin lid stayed on before I rummaged through to find fabrics for my green block...now the lid won't go on at all.  

So many memories of the places I visited to purchase these fabrics when I look at these blocks. I have my next block cut out and ready to sew. I will link up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge folks today.  Lots of scrappy goodness to look at there!

Here are all my blocks so far:


12 comments:

  1. That is a great block...simple and lots of scrappy goodness! Only 3 more to be catch up. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are catching up with the RSC and have actually jumped ahead a month. Hope you are enjoying the scrappy fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so fun - perfect for all kinds of pretty and colorful scraps there! Isn't it funny how some fabrics are a bit attention - seeking? And you don't notice that until you try to put them into a block where you kind of want them to blend in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    Awesome blocks...love the orange one...have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That’s a great variation on a geese migration block. No solids, just a riot of color ! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Havent you done so well playing catch up! Lovely blocks indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice job catching up--these blocks look just great together...
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous block, love all the fabrics you chose for each colour.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like those blocks and I love that you have memories attached to those scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This will be pretty as a quilt! I made placemats using that pattern and they were fun. I also just started RSC this year. Hi to a fellow newbie! (I don't have a blog.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this block for the RSC. It's never too late to start, for sure. I just started another RSC project this month. My guild started a BOM in June so I decided to add it to my RSC list of projects.

    ReplyDelete