Saturday, August 8, 2020

Weight of Love Appliqué and some Knitting

My goal for this week was to finish the y-seams on my Weight of Love quilt and get started on the appliqué...I am happy to report that I managed to accomplish this goal!  Those y-seams sure take a long time.  At the time I took this picture, I had one more seam to do. Note that my toe nails match my quilt...

 I am using a solid Essex Linen in pepper for the background.  I pressed under 1/4" all around the edge of the finished large pieced hexagon and then hand basted it down to the background. I discovered very quickly that I needed to use multiple colours of thread for the appliqué, which slows down the process.  I guess that's why they call it Slow Stitching!  I will work on this tomorrow and link up with Kathy and the other people who sew/knit/embroider/cross stitch/crochet slowly in the morning. 

My daughter has made progress on Budapest this week...Finn is quite happy to lie beside her while she stitches. He's also very good at letting her know when it is time to quit working. 

I enjoyed some knitting time while listening to an audiobook which I borrowed from the public library online.  The baby facecloth is completed as well as another simple dish cloth which used up the remainder of a ball of yarn. 

As predicted last week, my pink phlox are in bloom this week.

 Our clethra bush has pink blooms too. 

My husband and I went bike riding mid week at a provincial park.  It was not very busy at all and the weather was perfect for the ride, our picnic and watching the sunset. 

Have a great week!

10 comments:

  1. Projects are looking good! I'm not sure I get the name of the "weight of love" quilt? What's the story behind that? That baby face cloth is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that hexie quilt. Budapest is looking great and Finn is adorable. The view from your bike ride looks very peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt is beautiful and the hand applique will provide even more enjoyment for you. How nice to have a husband that enjoys bike rides and picnics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hexie quilt is coming along nicely. So nice that Finn lets your daughter know when it is time to take a break! Pretty pink flox and what a lovely spot to to watch a sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute facecloth. I love listening to audiobooks while stitching! i really like the quilt you're working on. Gorgeous colours

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful hexie quilt. Love your facecloths, and pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness Gail your photos are amazing! Each one whether it's a bloom, or a project, or gorgeous scenery ... you really have an eye for photography! Love that whale dishcloth! Thanks for sharing with us at Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that sunset photo is a keeper! Just makes me want to sit and gaze! Your whale washcloth is a nice finish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The hexie quilt is looking great. It does look like a lot of work but will be worth it! Finn is so adorable, he is a great companion ! That bike ride and picnic looked lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hand stitching does take a lot of time, but is so worth it. I love waking up, having my coffee and spending some time with my stitching. It's just the perfect way to start the day.

    ReplyDelete