Saturday, January 2, 2021

A Week of Slow Stitching

 My daughter and I have logged many hours working on our embroidery/cross stitch projects this past week.  We are staying home and enjoying several slow activities including puzzles, board games and reading. Finn, her dog, loves having everyone together in one place and can often be found curled up on someone's lap or beside them on the couch. Sometimes, he decides it is time to play rather than stitch. 



This counted cross stitch picture, "Love Birds",  is a wedding gift for a friend's daughter and her husband.  I hope to have it done in time for their first wedding anniversary in November!  There are two birds in the picture surrounded by a wreath of flowers. I hope to work on this for at least 30 minutes most days.  

While I was cross stitching, my daughter started a new embroidery project.  It is called "Winter Floral" from Lark Rising. She has most of the leaves done now and will move on to the wheat next. The lines coming out of the bottom are the stems of the wheat and the seeds are done freehand. It will be interesting to see how she does this.  I need to take lessons. 





When we watch TV, she works on another cross stitch cityscape.  My husband and I have not guessed the city yet. 


My daughter's bee picture was given to her grandmother for Christmas.  Grandma's father was a bee keeper. The framer was able to have it done in time for Christmas and it is now hanging in a prominent spot in Grandma's living room.  There are some odd colour reflections on the glass in the picture below. 


Books are a popular and much desired Christmas gift at our house.  I took a picture of our stacks of books...the first pile is mine, the second belongs to our daughter and the third one belongs to my husband.  Titles are often shared between the three of us as well.  


Before I can tackle any of my new books, I have a couple of others on the go to finish reading first.  I also have my eye on some of my husband's books...


Finn...he just wants to nap on top of a quilt. 

I will link up with Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching group in the morning.  I suspect others have made great progress on their projects this past week too since most of us are staying home to prevent the spread of COVID-19. 

10 comments:

  1. Gail, such a fun visit to your blog... I really love how Finn... like our pooch Molly likes to be right in the middle of stitching and such... The bee stitchery is amazing and appropriate too it seems... I like books on Audible... have you ever listened as you stitch?? I do love a book book too.. I love the smell of a book... but I find I can get more accomplished listening to books as I stitch... besides the devotion time I read a book for that. lol! Have a wonderful first full week of January! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Books are the very best presents. How wonderful it sounds you and your daughter stitching together, reading, working on puzzles. Your daughter's bee embroidery is lovely, as is the beginnings of her new project. The little 'wedding' birdie is very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Bee stitching and that dog! I know you have mentioned before what breed it is but I have forgotten could you mention what kind of dog Finn is? He reminds me of my daughter's dog which is a "lapradoodle"? something like that except he is a big dog but really hairy like yours is. I love reading too but have gotten so used to using my kindle that I read from that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finn is a cute and sweet dog. I love all the embroidery projects you and your daughter are stitching. Enjoy the time you are together. Happy stitching and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Love Birds stitchery. I searched for the pattern, but no luck. By chance, do you recall where you found the pattern and/or name of the designer ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely colours in the wedding gift cross stitch. Your daughters work is beautiful. I bet grandma was thrilled. Her latest project is coming along great too. I must admit I looked at the lark rising website after seeing her Christmas gifts. I am very tempted by several of the patterns. That looks like an excellent pile of books to keep you going for a while! I've read some of your recommendations so I look forward to reading your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely that you can al stitch together,such a fun family thing to do. The bee sitchery was the perfect gift with the family bed keeper connection. And Finn is looking so handsome, as usual, does he know he has a world wide fan base?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always so much fun to see what you and your daughter and Finn are up to! You both have lovely projects to work on! Happy Stitching and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year!

    That fluffy pooch gets me every time. I just want to give him a cuddle. I shall settle for snuggles with my own little purring balls of fluff.

    Such lovely projects going on. The bees look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete