Saturday, January 16, 2021

Baby Quilt Top and some Slow Stitching


My friend, Christine, and I used to get together once a week to sew, usually at my house.  Due to COVID-19, we now get together on FaceTime once or twice a week to sew or knit.  This week, we were both at our machines, both working on baby quilts.  As I said last week, I signed up for the Colour Block QAL. This week, I made 11 more blocks and put them together into a baby quilt top.  I did not use any of the fabrics more than once.  Many of the fabrics are novelty prints but many other fabrics from the scrap bins made it into my blocks as well. 


This is the "Suitable for Framing" layout that was suggested for January.  I have already made a pieced flannel back for this quilt with flannel chunks from my stash so will be quilting it this coming week.  I have used this project to get my Sew-Jo back after the holidays.  I have a list of other projects to tackle this coming week. 

I managed to add some stitches to the "Love Birds" picture every day this week. I hope to finish the blue flower under the bird this coming week. 


We took our daughter and Finn home last weekend.  She works from home, which Finn thinks is wonderful. She has been doing some embroidery and cross stitching this past week in the evenings. 


She needs Ecru floss to finish off the last two flowers so this one will be put aside until she can acquire the thread.  Here is her cityscape cross stitch, with some more stitches added since last week.


I started a new knitting project this week--this is another baby facecloth. I am building up my stash of baby gifts.  I like the colours in this cotton yarn. 


The orange facecloth is finally done. It's folded in quarters for this picture. 



Finn and my daughter went for a walk yesterday at lunch time yesterday so he would be sleepy for her Zoom meetings in the afternoon.  He still managed to pop his head up during one of the meetings and greet everyone!


Our province started a stricter lockdown this week but I am still allowed to get our and go for a long walk each day.  It was frosty one morning.  This is Queen Anne's lace. 


 I will link up with Kathy tomorrow morning.  Thanks for leaving comments on my blog.  I try to leave comments on your blogs but sometimes they do not publish--not sure why.  If your email is not in your profile, I cannot respond to your comments. Please know that I love reading what you have to say. 

11 comments:

  1. I love your and your daughters embroidery and stitching so pretty - nice you and your friend do the face time and stay in touch - this year has been hard hasn't it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you and your friend had some time to be online and that you both worked together on your quilts. It is a cute rainbow quilt. The embroideries are having great progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That colour block quilt is a great "eye spy" project also!
    And your new yarn is very pretty... can't wait to see what you're knitting with that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing yours and your daughter's stitching, and as always Finn! Great color block quilt too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    Love the baby quilt...so colorful. Your stitching is great, as is your daughters. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of good stuff to see, as usual! I'm going to guess Dubai for your daughter's cross stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your baby quilt with the coloured blocks, rather like RSC project, perhaps? Having a stash of baby gifts seems like a great idea. Nice to see Finn again, and some more of your daughters lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The embroidery and cross-stitch pieces that you and your daughter are working on are very pretty. I like that quilt with all those wonderful fabrics. My daughter and her dog Ruby are visiting this week, so I am sure there will be a pup in one of our work meetings also. Finn looks happy to be on a walk.

    ReplyDelete
  9. pretty embroidery! I used to do crewel and counted cross stitch. I love the vintage look of the flower spray.
    your color blocks are great.
    I love queens anne lace. It really pretty with the frosty coating too.
    Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute quilt. Love the bright colours.

    The flower embroidery is so pretty. It's going to look fabulous.

    Good idea taking Finn for a walk to tire him out!

    ReplyDelete