Saturday, July 24, 2021

Quilt top and backing, Quilt blocks and Slow Stitching

 I finished off the zigzag quilt top and pieced the backing from leftover fabric from the front of the quilt. Nice to use up some fabrics from the stash that have been there a while.  I still have some HST's left and may make a few more placemats for Meals on Wheels with them. 


I hope to get this one quilted this week--my sewing machine is back from repair and this will be a good test for it! The quilt top is 56" square. 

Two more blocks were put together for my Rainbow Scrap quilt... dark green and orange. I just need one more block to finish the quilt. I decided I couldn't wait any longer to get the rest of the blocks made.  I will have to start a new RSC quilt next month. 



Here are my 12 blocks on the design wall.  I am going to make a gray block next and then put it together. 
You will have to wait to see the layout. 


I knitted a couple more rows on my white cable knitting project.  I hope to have more done to show a picture of it next week.  I have to find my cable needle to do the next row--it's here somewhere!

My daughter's Dubrovnik cityscape is progressing.  


The Black Eyed Susans are in bloom in our garden!


We had Blueberry Kuchen for dessert tonight.  I love blueberries!


Finn likes to hang out on this chair while my daughter works at her desk.  He can keep a close eye on her from here!

I will link up with Kathy and the Slow stitchers in the morning. 

14 comments:

  1. I love the zig zag quilt. I made on a few years ago in red white and blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is always lovely stitching pretties to be seen each time I visit. The backing of the Zig Zag quilt is fabulous. Why, it looks like another quilt. Love the scrappiness of it. Your design wall is looking great...lovely, colourful blocks. As ever Finn just makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zig Zag is wonderful and the RSC blocks are very pretty. Sometimes when I can't find my cable needle I just use a double-pointed needle. If you've got them, they're a great substitute! Lovely flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zig zag quilt is beautiful and I love also your RSC blocks.
    Have a wonderful Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you pieced the backing for that pretty zigzag quilt. Your rainbow blocks are so pretty. Finn looks very content in his chair. I like your daughter's cross-stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Rainbow Scrap blocks - wonderful look

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your zigzag quilt is a pretty combination of those reds, blues, greens, and lights! I love the RSC blocks, too - they're going to make a neat design. Yummy blueberry kuchen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your zigzag quilt inspired my July placemat!
    I love your RSC project... I am thinking of ideas for your layout with 13 blocks?!
    Enjoy your slow stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,
    Really pretty Zig Zag quilt....your Rainbow Scrap blocks are beautiful...love all those scrappy colors. Your Blueberry dessert looks yummy! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your zigzag quilt has turned out really nice. I too am wondering why you want 13 blocks for your RSC challenge! That desert looks really tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Zig zag quilt turned out great--we made some for charity quilts for my Modern Guild earlier this year. Lots of HST trimming but simple to do. Pretty cross stitch and dessert, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Zig Zag quilt looks fantastic and your daughters project is coming along beautifully too. Look at the love in those puppy eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Zig Zag quilt looks amazing and your RSC blocks are fabulous too. I have never had Blueberry Kuchen; it looks yummy. Have a blessed day and happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Zig-Zag quilt came out really nice! It gives a great example of how to use various low volume fabrics. Finn looks like such a loyal companion! :)

    ReplyDelete