Friday, September 2, 2022

Orange and Light Blue, Hooking and Cutting

I changed the calendar to September today...I know...I was a day late but we were out all day yesterday and too tired when we got home to think about it.  I finished off my orange drunkard's path blocks for the August Rainbow Scrap Challenge and got busy gathering some light blue selvages for September's selvage HST's.


HST's made!  These are top stitched along the selvage edge onto a lightweight non-woven interfacing square, 9.5" by 9.5".  Then, I cut them in half!


I harvested lots of grape tomatoes today after supper.  This should replenish my supply in the fridge after making this delicious summer pasta dish for supper.  Today is our 33rd Wedding Anniversary --we went out for lunch. Tonight, we made supper together...a summer pasta recipe I found on the internet.  I substituted green beans for the zucchini. 





I finished the hooking on my class project this week.  Now, I just have to remember how to do the edge to finish this off...I have to steam it first.  I think it looks pretty good for my first time rug hooking!


I had a bit of time one evening this week to get the background cut out for my "Whistle Stop" quilt.  Everything is pinned in place on the design wall and I hope to get back to the sewing room sometime this week to get it sewn together.  The outer border is also cut out, ready to go but is not on the design wall. 


It's time for the sedum plants in my garden to flower.  These pink flowers are growing beside the path to our front door. 




Finn is happy to spend some time outside.  He often does not want to go back inside after he's done his business...


I will link up with Angela and the RSC folks on Saturday morning and with Kathy and the Slow stitching gang on Sunday morning. 

11 comments:

  1. happy anniversary - that pasta and tomatoes looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lovely post! And happy anniversary; love the idea of you making a meal together...my ex and I made it to 34 and I'm so happy we remain good friends. Lovely little rug! That orange Drunkards Path block is stunning and how pretty are those hst's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 33rd Anniversary! Great job on both your parts! I love your little wool sheep project. It is absolutely adorable and the colors wonderful. I didn't know you had to steam it. Why? Just curious. The Summer Pasta recipe sounds delicious. Can't wait to try it myself. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a nice day, and the dinner recipe looks yummy. I would like it with green beans, too! Love your orange crumb blocks, and the blue selvage HSTs. The little sheep project is adorable - is that your first time doing that craft? Looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your idea for the selvages. I've made several quilts with them but still have a bunch. Not sure if I have many in different colors left though. I did a little rug hooking back in the 70s. Somewhere around here I have a box with a few finishes in it. That pasta recipe sounds good. Hubby tried a different pasta recipe last week with fresh tomatoes, garlic and basil. It was yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Aniversary!!
    Your orange drunkard's path blocks are beautiful. And the hooking little sheep is so cute, well done with your class project. Looking forward to seeing "Whistle Stop" quilt finished.
    Your tomatoes look delicious. And the pretty small pink flowers are so pretty. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary! So glad you were able to enjoy a lunch out together. I adore that hooked sheep and Whistle Stop is very pretty. My sedum hasn't blossomed yet. I like the pretty pink. Finn is taking advantage of the cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hooking project is lovely now it is finished. Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary! Your rug hooking looks wonderful. Love the orange Drunkard's path blocks. Finn is his usual adorable self! Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,
    Your Drunkards Path is pretty and that rug is awesome.
    Your Pink Sedum is beautiful....have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy anniversary! Sounds like a lovely day. Your projects are lovely. No idea what you need to do round the edge of your sheep rug but her is really cute! As is Finn!!

    ReplyDelete