Saturday, August 27, 2022

More Hooking and A New Quilt Underway.

My friend, Christine, and I used to get together every week to sew before the pandemic.  We have recently started doing this again as time allows.  This past week, we cut out and sewed the HST's for the Tesselate Quilts "Whistle Stop" quilt along. Here are my HST's laid out for 1/4 of the quilt. I thought that I would easily be able to find some fabric in my stash to use as a background for this quilt...but no.  I tried various shades of green, gray, blue and even white, but nothing worked.  


So...off to the local quilt shop where I tried out several colours of solids before turning around to see this fabric on a shelf at the other side of the store.  I laid out my HST's on the fabric and it was perfect.  I bought enough for the background, backing and binding.  The fabric has been washed but not ironed yet.  This week, I will try to get it ironed, cut out and the quilt top pieced together. The fabric is called Love Is... from Maywood Studios.  It has very cute baby animals in the selvage which you can see in the picture below. 


Over a year ago, my friend, Cathy, moved away.  Before the pandemic, we would get together to sew and during the pandemic, we sewed or knitted together on FaceTime.  This week, on FaceTime, Cathy did some sewing and knitting while I did some rug hooking . It's fun to chat and catch up with each other as we work on our projects.  I finished  off the sun and did a lot of blue sky as well.  I think one more session of rug hooking should be enough to fill in the rest of the sky.  Then, I will have to remember how to do the edging.  




A few people asked what it was like inside our glamping tent so here is a picture of the inside of the tent. 


And here is what it looked like from the fire pit. 


Hello from Finn!  I took this picture when we were talking to him on FaceTime this past week. 


I will need to finish off my orange drunkard's path blocks this week and get started on the next colour for September, light blue, for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  I will link up with The Slow Sunday Stitchers at Kathy's blog in the morning.  

12 comments:

  1. Love the colours in your HST and the speckled background is perfect. Nearly there with your cute rug hooking. Your tent looks very comfy. We've glamped it was great fun! Hello Finn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your rug hooking project. It is so cute. I too still find myself using virtual meetings to connect now and then. WOW on the inside of the glamping tent. What fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the glamping tent looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you found the perfect background for the HST quilt! Your sheep rug is getting more and more fun as you fill in more areas. It also sounds fun to be sewing and Facetiming with friends - I never think to do that, but would probably enjoy it very much. Cute Finn - he looks like he's a little unsure of where you really are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice you have friends you can sew with or Face Time with. Love the colors in the HST. Finn looks puzzled, but adorable. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hooking is just about finished.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh that little sheep is adorable!!! The glamping, shoot that's the only way to camp anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You found the perfect background fabric. I love the fabrics that you used for the HSTs. I have always been a solo crafter. Then again, few of my friends crafters. I love how your rug hooking is coming. That sun is so pretty. Finn looks like he is listening intently. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun to get together with friends and enjoy quilting together. Such pretty fabrics in your HST. Glamping is always lots of fun and what a pretty tent you had. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your woolly sheep, is this a small piece? It's always a bonus to find the perfect fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your glamping headquarters looks so comfy. Do you cook outdoors too? There must be a grill somewhere nearby or a restaurant! Haha! Your wooly sheep project is adorable. How nice to get together. Been WAY TOO LONG!

    ReplyDelete
  12. your green HST look great, lush and summery. Your little run is adorable! I love hooked rugs, but the wool is irritating to me. Your are really good at it! It is so even.
    that tent is fabulous! wow!
    fun photo of Finn - what a cutie

    ReplyDelete