Saturday, November 19, 2022

A Busy Week

 For many reasons, this has been a very busy week!  Today was our church Christmas Bazaar so I was adding some quilting to some placemats every time I had a bit of time to sew this week.  For this set, I quilted along the red stripes both vertically and horizontally, creating a grid. 


Wavy lines were sewn in the boat and house sections of these placemats. I though they might be nice for a cottage. 


These red and white placemats had a few rows of wavy lines added. 


Organic wavy lines were quilted onto these paisley placemats. 


Lots of people came to the bazaar and most left with bags full of items purchased from the various tables...knitting, crafts, Christmas decorations, baking, canning, wood working, books, puzzles and more. The sewing group sold a lot of items and we have some things left to store for next year's bazaar.  I also did some Christmas shopping...






For my slow stitching this week, I continued to work on my secret projects.  I heard from quite a few others last week that they were also making gifts. 

My husband and I are sleeping under our new Lupine quilt.  Warm and cozy and it looks great on the bed!





Finn got snow on his beard when he went for a walk this week. There is nothing like fresh snow to sniff!


I will link up with Kathy and the Slow Sunday Stitchers in the morning. 

10 comments:

  1. I love going to church bazaars! There is always a plethora of pretty things to be enticed by and take home! Love the placemats you fashioned, especially the houses and boats ones. Love too, your Lupine quilt; and doesn't it look lovely on your bed. LOVE the bedhead....so fabulous, Gail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bazzares are so fun. Your Lupine quilt is gorgeous. I've been watching to see if one of the libraries have the book here, but still nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lupines is a lovely quilt. She looks bright and cheerful, a good winter quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just made a bunch of placemats myself for each of my kids. I like the variety you had. I like chuch bazaars at Christmas. Lupines looks great on you bed. Does Finn like the snow? My daughter's dog does not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always enjoy seeing what you are stitching. And thanks for showing us the sale photos. Lupines does look beautiful on your bed. Ned is enjoying the snow too and I'm enjoying noting the tracks. It has begun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fabric in the red/white placements - looks like a variety to chose from for sure. The quilt looks wonderful on the bed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet your placemats were popular! You made such a nice variety of them. It looks like shopping at the bazaar was really fun. The lupine quilt looks great on your bed - such a beautiful finish! Happy stitching today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm pleased your church bazaar went well. Yes, you are right, it's just the time for secret Christmas stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're lupine quilt looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Lupines quilt looks so lovely on your bed - such a great variety of fabrics that all co-ordinate beautifully!

    ReplyDelete