Thursday, November 3, 2022

Secret Sewing Season and a Retreat

 I have been working on some secret Christmas sewing all week.  It is a hand stitching project and I just love how it is turning out!  Unfortunately, I can't show any pictures until after December 25th. 

This weekend, Christine and I are going on a retreat with the Oxford Quilter's Guild.  I spent a couple of hours Wednesday evening gathering projects to take with me.  I like to bring a variety of things with me so I have a choice. Of course, I have a couple of projects to work on by hand, including this cute sheep ornament.  I bought this little kit at a quilt show a couple of weeks ago. (my only purchase!)


In the picture below, you can see my projects.  Upper left--a comfort quilt--someone gave me the top and the backing.  I am supplying the batting and quilting and binding the quilt.  The purple pile is a wedding gift that is not done yet.  They were married in June.  I hope to get the top and the back finished this weekend so I can quilt it next week.  My rug hooked sheep just needs the edging done...I'm hoping that there is a rug hooker on the retreat that can remind me how to finish the edge.  The bag of fabric on the lower right is full of the supplies I need to make some Christmas gifts.  I also have a box of Christmas fabrics and a couple of table toppers to quilt for the church bazaar.   Believe it or not, last year, I ran out of projects to work on!  I don't think there is any danger of that this year!


A friend and I go for a walk every morning.  Thursday morning, it was a bit foggy and the water was very calm...a great combination for some pictures. 







Finn likes to nap in a sunbeam and watch our daughter work. 


I will link up with Kathy and the Slow Sunday Stitchers on Sunday morning. 

11 comments:

  1. your walking photos are pretty - reminds me of the area I walk in. So far I am not making anything for Christmas but I do have a Xmas flannel panel that can be cut into about 8 pieces for pillows or small wall hangings so I need to get busy and look at it and see what I want to do with it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun at retreat!!! Never too many projects to work on. Great variety.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy that retreat. I can't wait to see each of those projects. I love the sheep ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have lovely finishes that I enjoy eyeing of course. And I also enjoyed seeing what you packed for this retreat. Very cute ornament. I hope you are getting these warmer than usual temps in your area...it's been a blissful Autumn here outside Ottawa. Love to see your nature photos and how wonderful to have a husband that can do hikes. Enjoy your retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're having a fun retreat and getting lots done! Looks like you're well prepared. Beautiful spot for walking - so nice that you can walk with your friend every day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those photos are really moody and autumnal. Lots to work on during your retreat. Have a great time! Sarah quilting by the sea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have fun at the retreat. Looks like you have some great projects to work on. What a lovely place to walk! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no, running out of projects while o retreat, what could be worse than that! You seem to be well prepared this time. Lovely morning pictures from your walk, so nice and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you both had fun at the retreat.
    Isn't it great to walk with a friend in this beautiful spot?
    Have a great week, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you had a great retreat! What gorgeous photos.

    ReplyDelete