Saturday, October 29, 2022

Two Finishes for the Bazaar!

I have not one but two finishes to share this week!  I quilted the baby quilt that I made for the church bazaar this week using light yellow thread and my walking foot to create a rectangular grid.  The backing is donated minke in light green which goes perfectly with the colours on the front  of the quilt.  The binding is made from the same Kaffe fabric that was used to make the spinning four patch blocks. 


Excuse my squinting...the sun was in my eyes!


I had 8 spinning four patches leftover after making the quilt so I decided to make a table topper, also for the bazaar.  I added one solid green piece in the centre square.  You can see the quilting design in the first picture below. 


After sewing the binding down by hand, I noticed the topper was not lying flat. 


The backing and binding fabric is the Kaffe fabric that was used for the 4 patches.  It made such neat designs for the blocks! I had to piece the back as I did not have a big enough chunk of fabric leftover to do it in one piece. 

I blocked the quilt and lightly sprayed it with water.  There are lots of pins around the edge to get it to lie flat as it dries. 


I will link up with Kathy in the morning for the weekly Slow Sunday Stitching party.  I hand stitched the binding on both quilts this week and have plans to work on a hand stitched Christmas gift tomorrow afternoon.  I can't show it as the recipient reads my blog.  It is getting to be that time of year!

Finn had a haircut this week.  We can see his eyes now! He likes to watch the squirrels out the window in the morning as my daughter drinks her coffee. As you can see, he likes to be comfortable while doing this!



My husband and I went for a two hour hike today at a local conservation area.  Many of the leaves have fallen but there was still lots on some of the trees. I love the sound of leaves crunching under my feet as I walk in the woods. 



Another portrait of my husband and I.  I like how this picture gives the illusion that I am tall...(I'm not!)

Have a great week!  

10 comments:

  1. the trail looks fantastic don't you just love walking in the fallen leafs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilts made with that Kaffe fabric are so pretty. I am inspired to take a fall walk today. Finn is just so adorable. I love seeing his expressive eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two great finishes! Love that fabric. The rustling sound of leaves is most certainly enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two cute finishes - I'm sure they will sell quickly! Looks like a beautiful spot for a hike, too. I love the fall leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely autumn colours. Finn is such a handsome boy! I love that kaffe fabric, it makes a lovely table topper to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your beautiful finishes! Love that Finn, he is so adorable. What a lovely place to walk! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pieces for the bazaar. I love the look of all those golden leaves underfoot, we don't have that here in Autumn as our native trees are evergreens. Hello to Finn, looking rather spiffy with his new haircut.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on two lovely finishes, Gail. Your trees are stunning with the yellow leaves. I will love walking there. Finn looks very charm with his hair cut.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilts turned out so GREAT! I love spinning 4-patch quilts. The Kaffe binding was perfect. Beautiful Fall pictures, perfect day for a walk. Your portrait picture was sweet -- were you both smiling for it? haha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty quilt you finished! Did you have trouble with the minke backing? It sure turned out lovely! Laying flat is highly overrated LOL! Love your golden shadow portrait!

    ReplyDelete