Saturday, October 15, 2022

36 Patch Quilt Done!

Over the past 10 months, I have been making 36 patch blocks in the colour of the month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  This past week, I quilted, bound and labelled my quilt--that's two quilts finished in two weeks!  I'm on a roll!  I used my walking foot to sew straight lines diagonally through all of the white squares with 28wt thread.  The backing is a wide back called Sea Glass.  It has lots of colours in it to match all of the squares on the front.  There are no repeats of any of the coloured squares on the front.  Would you believe that my box of 2.5" squares still is not empty???  The binding is a Kona solid.  






The quilt is square...it was a bit breezy when I took this picture!



I finished up my scrappy Drunkard's Path block this week as well as my green selvage HST's.  I will need to take a look at these projects soon and figure out if I need to make more blocks in a few other colours. 



I have been watching the Modern Quilt Guild Sessions online this weekend and did some knitting during one of the lectures I watched yesterday.  I just have to add the top border of this cloth and it will be done. I hope there is enough yarn to finish it!  Fingers crossed!


The Gees Bend Puzzle is coming together slowly.  We have not had much time to work on it in the last week or so. 


Would you believe that we had some snow one morning this past week??? Yikes!  


Finn is a great car traveller and does not mind the long drive to and from their home to ours.  


The fall colours are at their finest right now in our neck of the woods. 


One of our favourite places to go on Saturday mornings is our local farmer's market.  This morning, one of the vendors was selling hot pretzels.  Yum!  



I will link up with the Rainbow Scrap challenge folks today and the Slow Sunday Stitching group tomorrow.  Thanks for visiting!  

22 comments:

  1. Great finish! Lovely use of all those rainbow scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your awesome RSC quilt finish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love those squares and the quilt looks beautiful. I am inspired by the fact that it was all just squares. RSC23 is going to be a busy one, so many ideas for using all the scraps of fabrics. Finn looks so serene travelling with you. Fall has been putting up a colourful display and the snow is not what we are expecting yet, we know it will come eventually. Have a wonderful weekend. Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how your Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilt came out with all those colorful squares. I think I have used a similar fabric for a backing for sometime in the past. It is good for a colorful quilt. We are enjoying the fall weather. The colors of the trees are just starting to change here. The snow can stay away for a little while longer please. Finn looks quite happy in the car. I want a bite of those pretzels. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely quilt and the perfect back for it too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow snow - 84 here and Tuesday will feel like late fall - I hope we don't skip fall and move straight to winter. the quilting is just right for that quilt

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your 36 patch quilt is so pretty, Gail! I just love scrappy patchwork like that, and the backing is really perfect, too. I'm definitely not ready for the "S" word yet, but we often do get some in October. That photo of Finn is just adorable! Enjoy those beautiful fall colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful RSC quilt you are finishing up. Enjoy your stitching. That pretzel reminds me I really need to feed my sourdough starter and make some pretzels.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such glorious colours in your 36 block quilt, and the backing is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a lovely quilt - sometimes the most striking are the old patch quilts

    ReplyDelete
  11. your RSC quilt looks great! and the pretzel looks yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful quilt, you are on a roll two in two weeks wow, Finn is adorable he looks quite happy sitting there, have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 36 patch quilt looks beautiful. Isn't it amazing there is no repetition on this one? Scrap quilts are the best! Love, love, love the Autumn colors near you. The knitted cloth is looking pretty good, fingers crossed here. Have a wonderful week, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love what you did with your rainbow scraps! And not a single repeat fabric? Wow, you have quite a stash! lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty quilt and fun fabric for the backing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have been busy! Good job! And you have a lot of irons in the proverbial fire, too, it seems! I've popped over from Slow Sunday Stitching - nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful finish, and you can see the full effect of it hanging up.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good grief snow already! I really like your RSC quilt and it’s a great way to use up those scraps. Now what will you make next with the remaining squares? Sarah quilting by the sea

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great finish! Great RSC blocks in the making too. Great photo of Finn, of course! Beautiful colors on the trees and, at this point in the year, you can keep the snow! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations on your beautiful finish. I love hot pretzels! Finn is such an adorable good sport in whatever he does!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on your RSC finish... it's so pretty! Love the quilting texture!
    Your knitting looks wonderful! I can't believe you can knit and watch a guild meeting with a complex pattern like that!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is a gorgeous finish! It looks awesome . And your other blocks too. Also enjoyed seeing your lovely knitting. Always great to see what you are creating! No snow here yet so autumn hanging on!

    ReplyDelete