Friday, March 15, 2024

Spring has Sprung!

Warm, sunny weather was with us most of this past week.  (We won't discuss the snow that we had last weekend!)  I have put away all of our winter decorations and have pulled out the Spring things!  I want to sew with Spring colours too.  My MIL likes to have her room decorated for the season so I am working on a Spring wall hanging for her.  The rabbit and flowers are attached to the background with fusible appliqué and I used a narrow zigzag stitch around the shapes to hold everything down.  I plan on getting this quilted this weekend so I can take it to her next week. 


I added a bright green binding to my Crumby Stars quilt and it has been hand sewn down on the back.  A finished project!





I picked up my Spring Rabbit cross stitch picture at the framers this week and it is now hanging in our living room.  I like the distressed frame with a touch of orange to match the carrots!


I added some leaves to my Sunflower cross stitch this week too.  


Finn enjoys nothing better than a nap in the sunshine, inside or outside!



He supervised my hand sewing this week too.  He's a very busy boy!


These hellebores are from my MIL's garden.  They came to live in my garden when my MIL moved out of her house. Such a  pretty colour!


I think a squirrel must have transplanted this crocus to my backyard from the front yard.  




I will link up with the Slow Sunday Stitchers at Kathy's blog on Sunday morning. 

11 comments:

  1. Your MIL's bunny is gorgeous in those lovely florals. Crumby Stars is a lovely finish. The green binding is a happy touch. Love the newly framed bunny and flowers cross stitch; just perfect for the arrival of spring. Those pretty flowers in your garden herald spring sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute bunny for your MiL, Gail! I've made my mom holiday mug rugs for her assisted living apartment. The shamrock is out right now! Your bunny cross-stitch is adorable, too! Enjoy those Spring blooms - they're so pretty and welcome this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your bunnies! They are both so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the frame for your bunny stitchery - it is a perfect choice!
    Congratulations on finishing the star quilt! I do love the green binding for St. Patrick's day LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your MIL's bunny and the one you stitched. Lovely finish on the star quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the frame on your Spring cross-stitch. All of your projects are so bright and cheerful. Finn brings a smile as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many fun projects. I love the sunflower cross stitch. That has been so fun to see progress on over the months. The spring quilt is darling and I love the scrappy stars. Such a great finish. Finn, of course is always so fun to see. Glad he is helping out as a supervisor. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely rabbit and flowers, it's such a joyful Spring project! I also love your star quilt, pretty finish. Cute Finn ;))
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bunnies ror Spring, how sweet. I'm a bit reluctant to tell you that rabbits are noxious pests here in New Zealand and get shot! That's because they were introduced by the early English settlers and there are no natural predators here such as foxes to keep them under control. Your finished star quilt looks great, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hooray for a finish!!! So glad Finn helped you out. You'd probably still be finishing it if it hadn't been for his assistance. I noticed my Lenten Rose plant was blooming too. Picture on I Like Thurs post later. I feel like you are in a very good place. Love the joy in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful rabbits in this post! Lovely starry finish as well. That Finn, looks so comfortable.

    ReplyDelete