Saturday, March 30, 2024

Still Binding and Progress on the Sunflowers

Easter Greetings from Finn!  We had our family Easter Dinner on Friday afternoon and Finn dressed up for the occasion!  


Snack time featured a chick cheese ball surrounded by a cracker nest.  


I spend some time doing cross stitch this week and just about finished the lower left flower in this last quadrant.  I have a couple of new projects waiting in the wings when this is done. 


I picked up my modern sampler quilt from the long armer's house this week and trimmed it up so I could sew on the binding.  I don't usually measure the quilt before I cut the binding--I just guesstimate how much binding I will need.  I played binding chicken with this one and won!  My slow stitching this week will be hand sewing the binding to the back of the quilt. 


Here's a sneak peek at the quilting.  Come back to see next week's blog post for the full reveal.


I finished the binding on my scrappy nine patch baby quilt earlier in the week. 



We finished our Stitch by Stitch quilt store puzzle this week and have started another one.  


I will link up with Kathy and the Slow Stitchers in the morning. 

10 comments:

  1. Happy Easter to Finn & family! Sweet 16-patch quilt. And you have another finish in the works? Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on guesstimating the length of the binding. Sunflowers is looking lovely. Love all those bright and cheery thread colours against the blue Aida. Happy Easter to you and yours....and Finn, too, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter, Gail! Finn is adorable in his Easter finery! Looking forward to seeing your Modern Sampler finish - I love the orange binding. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. handsome boy in his bandana! Excellent guessing on the binding. Happy Easter to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah from quilting by the sea on the previous comment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Easter. Finn is so handsome in his scarf. Love that puzzle. I also love your sunflowers, it is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Easter! Finn looks very festive. I love the baby quilt. I look forward to seeing the modern quilt when it is bound. Well done with your guesstimate. Is that cross-stitch almost done? That puzzle is great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pleased you won your game of binding chicken. Happy Easter to Finn and all the people in his family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gail - a very creative cheese ball! And your baby quilt is mesmerizing! I am #18 at Slow Sunday Stitching this week - have a wonderful first week of April!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good win playing binding chicken. I recently won at thread chicken, and the thread was in the bobbin. :)
    I love all the finishes. You have an eye for color. Finn is extra cute in his bandana.

    ReplyDelete